• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He said firepit!

:slapfight:

It's good to chill outside. We also have Sonos-connected garden speakers and they get lots of use. Wife was blasting Purple Rain earlier today while watering. I'd feel for the neighbors if we didn't have to listen to their hippie wind chimes 24/7. Bingle ******* bongle.

We already have an outdoor set-up but thought a zone dedicated to firepit we can play low would make us conscientious neighbors vs playing all the outdoor speakers.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are clearly the better man.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Gus, that view does not suck. At all.
And last night, this...

C78B941A-EC14-4D62-AD00-3B3F7495E98F.jpeg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I have been slowly redoing things in my small place and I have noticed that you can create the illusion of more space by simply getting things off the floor. For example, hanging a guitar on the wall literally next to where it was once sitting on a stand. Holy hell, I now live in a mansion!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have been slowly redoing things in my small place and I have noticed that you can create the illusion of more space by simply getting things off the floor. For example, hanging a guitar on the wall literally next to where it was once sitting on a stand. Holy hell, I now live in a mansion!

It also gives a bit more of a finished or styled look IMO

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Continuing adventures in yard irrigation ...

IMG_3759.jpg

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonos amp and sonance architectural speakers are set up as a separate fire pit zone. Surprisingly not hard to bury speaker wire and with minimal damage to to lawn. Man, these things sound great.

Sonos amp is probably overkill for just the two speakers but can always add more later. I was going to go with a heavily discounted connect amp but i decided the extra money was worth it for airplay 2.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also just realized that there is an alexa skill for my hydra wise smart sprinklers. Not sure how necessary this is on a set and forget system like a smart sprinkler but it makes me happy.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hung my DR chairs on a wall in my first apt. People thought it was a touch odd so I created a plaque that read:
Four Hung Chairs; 1978.
DNM
Toronto, ON.

After that, praise.

lefty

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We have those Sonance speakers throughout the house and in the ceiling to the covered portion of our patio. I've tossed a couple PLAY:5s, gen 2, into the mix around the property and they really fill out the sound nicely. Not audiophile by a long shot but get the job done well.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The old house on our property will finally be coming down next week. Should have been done last year, and the local planning officer was getting a bit shirty with us about the fact that it wasn't. We were trying to get it carefully deconstructed for maximum re-use of materials but it seems no-one wants to to do that, so apart from taking the doors and windows out first, the demolition firm will just smash, remove, and then do some limited sorting.

The only question remaining is what we do with the hole that is currently the basement of the old place... it's dynamited into the bedrock so it's as solid as can be, but it's also very wet because it's below the water table. But that's a question we'll have to work out while we're away (we'll be gone for 5 1/2 months from the beginning of August).

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cement pond Ellie Mae

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads