• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Buy a better furnace filter?

Well it's a condo I don't have such options unfortunately.

The pipes were flushed in my building and now my kitchen sink has low pressure. Aerator is fine. I have a feeling the mook who did the work just didn't bother to open the valve all of the way or something. I do know there are separate valves for kitchen vs bathroom in my building. I've lived with it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

So our water pressure upstairs has been declining in our master bathroom and I can't figure out why. Both the faucet and shower are not as powerful as they once were. This has only started in the past couple of months and was almost overnight. Thinking some sort of dirt in both the shower and faucet after some work was done down the street. Only thing is, all faucets were not affected. Going to poke around this weekend but will likely result in a call to the plumber.

The sediment tends to accumulate in the highest spots in the system, according to our plumber. Checking and cleaning the aerators is the easy (and free) thing to do.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So our water pressure upstairs has been declining in our master bathroom and I can't figure out why. Both the faucet and shower are not as powerful as they once were. This has only started in the past couple of months and was almost overnight. Thinking some sort of dirt in both the shower and faucet after some work was done down the street. Only thing is, all faucets were not affected. Going to poke around this weekend but will likely result in a call to the plumber.

Had the same exact thing happen to one of my rentals after a main break. The shower and the faucet were at the end of the pipe network so I assume all the dirt got pushed there. Opened them and flushed the dirt out and everything got back to normal.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well it's a condo I don't have such options unfortunately.

Maybe there's a filter that's designed to sit behind the grate to your HVAC incoming vent?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I open all the doors and windows and go through with a leaf blower

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Used our ramada/outdoor kitchen today to do a bunch of chicken breasts for salads on the Traeger. Rolled the Traeger out of the storage portion, plugged it in under roof, did the breasts, rolled the Traeger back into storage. **** I love that project so much. A lot of thought went into the design and it turned out to be so user friendly and high utility.

I'm sure Medwed would hate it.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The battle of Buckthorn. Lawn mowing kid cut out our overgrown corner last year but the buckthorn is starting to sprout again. Literally have to root it out. Nasty invasive shrub. Damn previous owners just let it flourish.
4BDF766A-F18F-47DA-9410-8D0D6111278E.jpeg 362EAC28-5C9B-457A-816B-D96F4A42AA97.jpeg 69B252B8-59A0-4CC5-ACAD-B2E69EDCF73D.jpeg
The roots ran several feet into the lawn. After I pulled it up, you can see a new bud that started underground. I hate this stuff.
10EAFF4D-65F5-41B5-B453-204DCFEB6157.jpeg 810D3BF4-568A-4DDE-8E9A-9841F847CBE0.jpeg
The root structure of just one shrub.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(((((bamboo)))))) the buckthorn of milder climes.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final pack for drive to Santa Fe where we will be living in short term furnished housing for 90 days or so as we look for a new home to purchase. Since everything will be in storage there is no practical access, so one must consider the essentials. Lots of jeans, T-shirts, dress shirts, one suit, etc.. Although the place is fully furnished I can't go anywhere for more than a few weeks without my kitchen essentials...

IMG_0202.jpeg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Railing installed. I am happy with it.

I'm looking for something similar. Did you end up getting it through an installer or DIY? What was the rough cost?

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar. Did you end up getting it through an installer or DIY? What was the rough cost?

Went with an installer. You can buy similar on etsy and other online sources but you dont wind up saving much. Cost was 175 dollars per linear foot, including installation.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The battle of Buckthorn. Lawn mowing kid cut out our overgrown corner last year but the buckthorn is starting to sprout again. Literally have to root it out. Nasty invasive shrub. Damn previous owners just let it flourish.
View attachment 1178344 View attachment 1178345 View attachment 1178346
The roots ran several feet into the lawn. After I pulled it up, you can see a new bud that started underground. I hate this stuff.
View attachment 1178348 View attachment 1178347
The root structure of just one shrub.

Looks invasive like wild blackberry. So glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. We had roots running through our entire yard 30 or 40 feet from the main bramble.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads