• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad news, public works won't allow any form of penetration, even with protection... I guess we have to blow it ourselves. (ugh. But had to complete the joke I guess)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna put these on the window facing a particular neighbor.

2D163BF5-2A37-496E-BCA0-C18AF26F7C9D.jpeg

brokencycle

Reaction score
Bad news, public works won't allow any form of penetration, even with protection... I guess we have to blow it ourselves. (ugh. But had to complete the joke I guess)

All I'm seeing is sex jargon here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I'm seeing is sex jargon here.
Pervert.

Turning a perfectly innocent discussion of effective dryer venting into some degenerate smut. I've half a mind to report you to the moderators!

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experiences with heat pump dryers like Miele or Bosch?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once a year? My dryer becomes inoperable every 2 or 3 months. Do you already have a dryer fan booster? We're working w a remodel company right now which seems better than the last 2 we fired, so I'm hoping they'd be adept at installing it in an accessible location.

In positive news my neighbors home, which is nearly identical to ours, accepted an offer within 10 days of listing, at an ask price 40k above what we paid last summer (granted they have a tiiny pool but also an obstructed city view whereas we look straight out at the skyline from our deck).

wow, every 2 or 3 months!? No, we don't have a dryer fan booster at all, and to be honest, I didn't even notice any declines in performance when I decided to have the duct cleaned, and we bought the place close to 2 years ago now

kasper007

Reaction score
Experiences with heat pump dryers like Miele or Bosch?
I have had a Bosch heat pump dryer (500 series) for a year an a half now. I really like it. It's noticeably gentler on your clothes and once installed, it's completely maintenance free (you have to hook it up to a water out otherwise you have to empty the water tray manually). It's much gentler on clothes because the max temp is a lot lower, but that means that it takes a long longer to dry, a full heat cycle is over 3 hours. It generally doesn't take the full cycle to get clothes dry (very dependent on size of load / types of items), but it does take considerably longer than a vented dryer. That's really the only downside.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had two large branches fall down from our Maple tree last night. No wind or anything, so kind of strange that they fell and thank goodness no one was hurt.

Cutting them up on Memorial Day was not on my bingo card. The joys of homeownership.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night in the Cali house. Six good years, we improved it a lot and did well on the sale so no ragrets etc. I will miss the hot tub sunrises.

1 (6).jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night in the Cali house. Six good years, we improved it a lot and did well on the sale so no ragrets etc. I will miss the hot tub sunrises.

View attachment 1969351
"We" is doing a lot of work here

Good luck moving! Hope Atlanta is everything you dreamed of and more!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seemed nicer than writing

"Sorry you are leaving a paradise, moving across the country to a dystopian shithole, and living near @edinatlanta .try not to kill yourself"

But hey.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Debbie Downer! In the meantime, we are staying in our friends’ very original 70s midcentury modern. The, uh, commode is also powder blue.

IMG_2347.jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads