• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that said the backyard will eat anything that doesn't float so we do occasionally find bricks etc .

Good point. I wonder if they just stacked them up over by the retaining wall and they just sank into the ground over the years.

At one point I found lumps of coal. Coal. Even in the 1950s, did people in the US use coal for heating?

It's actually pretty cool looking. I have a couple lumps in the garden.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty common for the ground to swallow stuff here. Our soil's sandy so maybe that's something to do with it. After I retired I went at a section of ignored yard and found a walkway and patio made of 8x8x3 sandstone blocks buried under 3-4 inches of soil and weedy grass. I used them to build planter borders.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a 3-4ft king snake slithering through the yard. Spent an hour debating on killing it. Ended up just telling my son to put on shoes when he walks around the yard and the keep his eyes open. He didn’t seemed phased by the snake and stuck out his lip when we said to put on shoes.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a 3-4ft king snake ****hering through the yard. Spent an hour debating on killing it. Ended up just telling my son to put on shoes when he walks around the yard and the keep his eyes open. He didn’t seemed phased by the snake and stuck out his lip when we said to put on shoes.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was the day to use my chainsaw for this year. This ~8” diameter branch out of our maple tree and landed on the house at around 1:25 AM. Miraculously, no damage was done.

26B9B2BD-28D5-43FF-8F51-D17DE2BF41B9.jpeg
EEB3FB61-FA03-4795-A8B8-34A4C93DAC3C.jpeg
482A6ADC-9A19-4232-BAAC-0CC713393A53.jpeg
A7F8F2D3-B0EB-4A70-AE4A-4588224137EF.jpeg
CDA4DB4F-9B19-4BB2-A780-B5EFC86B72A6.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a 3-4ft king snake ****hering through the yard. Spent an hour debating on killing it. Ended up just telling my son to put on shoes when he walks around the yard and the keep his eyes open. He didn’t seemed phased by the snake and stuck out his lip when we said to put on shoes.
S1it is censored?? Even when part of a longer word like s1ithering?? Yikes.

Reactions: otc

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S1it is censored?? Even when part of a longer word like s1ithering?? Yikes.

The software even gets rid of 'have' when it's part of '********'... it's beyond a joke. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the term 'having s e x' except to weird right-wing puritans, and censoring basic terms just encourages them.

Reactions: otc

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The software even gets rid of 'have' when it's part of '********'... it's beyond a joke. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the term 'having s e x' except to weird right-wing puritans, and censoring basic terms just encourages them.

i never get censored here .... pure of body pure of mind choose life brother 🤪

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two minutes ago???

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There is only one house for sale right now in our hood. It is 25% smaller than our house, still has an unfinished backyard, has an interior lot, i.e. not on the golf course, and the lot is smallish to boot. They have it listed at 4.5 times what we paid for the Piob Palace and it's under contract!

I really wish we were in a place that I could talk her into selling, but alas, one of us is not.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is only one house for sale right now in our hood. It is 25% smaller than our house, still has an unfinished backyard, has an interior lot, i.e. not on the golf course, and the lot is smallish to boot. They have it listed at 4.5 times what we paid for the Piob Palace and it's under contract!

I really wish we were in a place that I could talk her into selling, but alas, one of us is not.

You can still realize 2.25x....

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads