• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
☝?This bear is smarter than most of you human people

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Raising the pay for my lawn people and cleaning lady this year. I got an ear full from my MIL but it equates to like $250 total for the year and also allows me to not have to make change from the ATM which is worth the increase.

Why does your Mother-in-Law know how much you spend on household staff?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the MIL is part of the household staff

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We use the same house cleaner but in general, if people have a question about what something costs, I tell them. Plus they are retired so I like to joke she will have to go back to work with inflation the way it is.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my wife ever saw our landscaping invoices she would have an aneurysm on the spot, being of the turn-off-the-light-when-you-leave-the-room-to-save-electricity persuasion. But I have always handled the household accounts, which additionally serve as a large and convenient slush fund.

My wife is also of the turn off the lights to save electricity persuasion. But honestly so am I. Here in CA we pay $100000/kwh anyway.

She and I agreed to a CEO/CFO relationship long ago. I thought this would be sweet at first, but the reality is it functions mostly as her saying no to things and me having to come up with all the ideas.

As she is better looking, more educated, and richer than me, I suppose I should be happy to have a seat at the table.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As she is better looking, more educated, and richer than me, I suppose I should be happy to have a seat at the table.

1643329435788.png

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get the sense that you guys are mocking people who turn off lights in unused rooms. I think I spend 70% of my time at home turning off lights after my wife. We’re not made out of ******* money

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get the sense that you guys are mocking people who turn off lights in unused rooms. I think I spend 70% of my time at home turning off lights after my wife. We’re not made out of ******* money

I worried a lot more about that before I replaced all the bulbs with LEDs. Now it's like...$1 a bulb, a year? Meh. Not going to deliberately leave them on, but hard to care too much.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I worried a lot more about that before I replaced all the bulbs with LEDs. Now it's like...$1 a bulb, a year? Meh. Not going to deliberately leave them on, but hard to care too much.

I can' help myself. My office, as an example, has 5 LED bulbs at 11W each. That's less than a single normal incandescent bulb. If I know I'm walking out of there for more than a minute or two, I turn them off.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I have a feeling @ValidusLA is better looking than you
That's not a high bar.

Glad to hear I inspire such confidence. Im...fine. I have a lot of looks baggage. But if you can't be beautiful, at least you can hang out with beautiful people!

Not at all. Good habit. Very important when the government has decided to artificially increase the price of power.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads