• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get deets on the suicide? I think that it makes a difference if the suicide was by, let’s say pills as opposed to by shotgun
When I was 10, my family moved into a house where the orignal owner had killed himself with a shotgun a few decades earlier. There was even a nice dark stain on the concrete floor in the unfinished basement where he supposedly did it. I no longer had to share a bedroom so I was cool with it.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the former owners of the house opposite killed himself by cutting his wrists in the bath. This kind of thing happens a lot. And it's almost a certainty that someone has died in most houses that have been around for any length of time. My worst experience of this was when a former partner and I were shown a house and when we got to the bedroom, it was clear that they had not done much more than move the body of the old lady who used to live there. The bed in which she had died was exactly as it was, and the carpet around the bed stank of urine. I got really angry with the realtor at the total lack of respect for her and for us, but they didn't seem to think there was any problem...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I have LED lightbulbs that don't always come on immediately after i flip the lightswitch on. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have LED lightbulbs that don't always come on immediately after i flip the lightswitch on. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Gotta warm them up by flipping them on/off 3-4 times really quickly. Then they should come right on when you try again.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have you checked the Johnson rod?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Glory whole inspection?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might have a continuity or connection issue in the fixture.

Test this by removing the led light, licking your fingers, placing them in the fixture, and having a helper turn on the light switch.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how old are they?

i have one integrated LED fixture that does this. i tried 2 different dimmer types, thinking it was the dimmer, then I replaced with a regular switch.

i assume it's just a problem with the fixture.

side note: i'm convinced the stated lifespan of LED bulbs/fixtures is bullshit. the diodes themselves may last that long, but it seems like the electronics fritz out before that.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20220126_153845.jpg

Copper guttering mostly on. Someday after I reside and replace windows it'll look really nice, but gotta get that copper aging ASAP.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off topic but the DNC couldn't even protect themselves against a fairly notorious break-in, so I'm not sure you should trust them to secure your crib.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads