• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, this is what $1,000,000 gets you in my hometown these days.

Not the worst neighborhood in town, but not in the top 5 either.
7k and 8k lots are pretty solid

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Companies with flashy offices may be ready to end WFH but the vast majority of offices were/are disgusting. Instead of a friendly dog companion at your side, you have some guy who clears his throat every 5 minutes, bathrooms that were always wet, and the slow walkers in every space.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Companies with flashy offices may be ready to end WFH but the vast majority of offices were/are disgusting. Instead of a friendly dog companion at your side, you have some guy who clears his throat every 5 minutes, bathrooms that were always wet, and the slow walkers in every space.

Our office bathrooms are cleaned daily and never wet. And quite nice.
20220121_102610.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of my sisters lived in Windsor's public housing with her two school aged kids for some time. There was nothing wrong with the units, plenty of room and just fine build quality, but the aggregation of folks seeking said housing led to a rather sad and squalid situation. I think of the things in Canada/US that give public housing such a bad rep is just this. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Howard Roarke contemplate this?
Rand references should get the permaban

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a rare and fine bookstore in Pasadena that has some pretty off kilter stuff. About 3 years ago I was talking to them and they had recently acquired her personal library - as in not books written by her, but books owned by her. Many with inscriptions from those who gifted them to her or notes from her lover.

They did not know how to price this collection. I wonder if they still have it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is a rare and fine bookstore in Pasadena that has some pretty off kilter stuff. About 3 years ago I was talking to them and they had recently acquired her personal library - as in not books written by her, but books owned by her. Many with inscriptions from those who gifted them to her or notes from her lover.

They did not know how to price this collection. I wonder if they still have it.
Did they share any insights?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

You don't find it interesting that all those decades ago Libertopia was pondering affordable and high quality public housing?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they share any insights?

No, they had just gotten it. I was on jury duty at the time and had walked into old town on a long lunch. I don't think they'd gone through it.

I wonder if its interesting or horribly banal.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No, they had just gotten it. I was on jury duty at the time and had walked into old town on a long lunch. I don't think they'd gone through it.

I wonder if its interesting or horribly banal.
Equal chance of either!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't find it interesting that all those decades ago Libertopia was pondering affordable and high quality public housing?
I find absolutely nothing interesting in Rand.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bid 10% over asking on a house… we’ll see how it turns out.

Update on this: heard from the sellers, over 120 offers over the past week. 'new' asking is 20% over what they originally wanted (for a house where the last two owners died in it, one by suicide- though the suicide is out of the public disclosure range).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads