• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosch 800 series going in tomorrow morning!

Can we all take a moment to express our gratitude for the newer dishwashers. They just get better and better. They make a fraction of the noise they made 15 years ago and they clean so much better. We never, ever rinse anything anymore before loading. That was something you did in the late 90's early 2000's. You can actually watch a movie or have a conversation with it on. And, you don't have to wash and dry dishes!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Front door split at the latch. On closer examination, it looks like this is not the first time this has happened. The ****** pseudo-mortise hardware requires a huge hole which leaves a pretty slim piece of wood supporting the latch. I guess it's an opportunity to upgrade the door and hardware, but not an expense I was expecting.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we all take a moment to express our gratitude for the newer dishwashers. They just get better and better. They make a fraction of the noise they made 15 years ago and they clean so much better. We never, ever rinse anything anymore before loading. That was something you did in the late 90's early 2000's. You can actually watch a movie or have a conversation with it on. And, you don't have to wash and dry dishes!

I'd been disappointed with our new-ish dishwasher. It turns out that the detergent we were using just sucked. It wasn't some offbrand nonsense either, just one of the older formulations.

Good to know, although I wish I'd have figured it out sooner.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hardware requires a huge hole
I am familiar with these types of issues

New dishwasher is great! I can't wait for my wife to tell me how I have been loading it wrong

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front door split at the latch. On closer examination, it looks like this is not the first time this has happened. The ****** pseudo-mortise hardware requires a huge hole which leaves a pretty slim piece of wood supporting the latch. I guess it's an opportunity to upgrade the door and hardware, but not an expense I was expecting.
1710497-51c367ddd1954306ec3ccd93de828f42.jpg.png

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bad news:

We looked at a house 2 houses down across the street before we bought this one. It was a real shithole, even more so than this one. (Plus the bathrooms were all tiny.)

We had a theory that someone bought it to rent to college kids, because who ever bought it did absolutely nothing.

Well the theory was confirmed today. They had a huge house party. I was tempted to go Frank the Tank on it, but I resisted. (Could even talk to them about all the **** I bought at Home Depot and Crate & Barrel this week.) Got busted up by the cops. 4 units, and there were here for a while. I assume a lot of underage drinking citations were written. Been there done that.

Unfortunately we are like a half mile walk from some frat houses.

Good news:

Got my new range hood installed. That was a project. I decided to do it with rigid duct instead of semi-rigid. So that turned 20 minutes of work into probably 6 hours, figuring out how to route the duct the way I needed, sealing it, and connecting everything. (and really the only reason it took that long is because I tried to do it with 2 elbows at first, then finally gave up and bought another one) But I think it will be worth it for better performance and less noise.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad news:

We looked at a house 2 houses down across the street before we bought this one. It was a real shithole, even more so than this one. (Plus the bathrooms were all tiny.)

We had a theory that someone bought it to rent to college kids, because who ever bought it did absolutely nothing.

Well the theory was confirmed today. They had a huge house party. I was tempted to go Frank the Tank on it, but I resisted. (Could even talk to them about all the **** I bought at Home Depot and Crate & Barrel this week.) Got busted up by the cops. 4 units, and there were here for a while. I assume a lot of underage drinking citations were written. Been there done that.

Unfortunately we are like a half mile walk from some frat houses.

Good news:

Got my new range hood installed. That was a project. I decided to do it with rigid duct instead of semi-rigid. So that turned 20 minutes of work into probably 6 hours, figuring out how to route the duct the way I needed, sealing it, and connecting everything. (and really the only reason it took that long is because I tried to do it with 2 elbows at first, then finally gave up and bought another one) But I think it will be worth it for better performance and less noise.
Now that you have a kid on the way, you can't miss these opportunities to go out and party when then come along

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads