• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interestingly, the color of hydrangea bloom is a really sensitive indicator the acidity of the supporting soil . thereyago
The more colors, the more acid? Groovy…

Many hydrangea can color change depending on Ph levels.

Alkaline soils promote pinks and reds, acid promote blues. Neutral Ph can lead to deeper purples or violet hues.

Areas with naturally alkaline soils thus can easily have both by adding acidification. Q

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh goody, just what we need- Facebook with more stupidity and bigotry!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the metal strong enough to support the weight of a person/ impacts from debris/ etc without the plywood underneath it?
There is 1x8 plank decking. I think the problem with that, at least with an asphalt roof, is expansion and contraction of the individual planks.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to get to planting...
20211028_073741.jpg

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to do that as well, but I may have waited too long for this season. First, I need to figure out what I’m doing with that corner of the yard.

Ya the window in Los Angeles is pretty broad. It Rainer buckets Monday and was in the 60s. Today it's approaching 90s.

Honeslty confuses the **** out of a lot of the trees.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
In praise of lifetime warranties:

Our kitchen faucet set is from Waterstone, and cost so much that my wife says it's to be excluded from the sale when we sell this place. We redid the kitchen in 2012.

I used the countertop switch for our sink disposal earlier and it stuck in the on position. The only option was to unplug the thing to turn it off.

Less than half an hour later a replacement unit is on its way here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In praise of lifetime warranties:

Our kitchen faucet set is from Waterstone, and cost so much that my wife says it's to be excluded from the sale when we sell this place. We redid the kitchen in 2012.

I used the countertop switch for our sink disposal earlier and it stuck in the on position. The only option was to unplug the thing to turn it off.

Less than half an hour later a replacement unit is on its way here.

Please tell me it is this ridiculous five thousand dollar thing:
1635531142905.png

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ fair point !

popped a pic of our newest camellia (sasanqua , not sure variety) with a couple halloween blossoms

IMGP6461.JPG

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mrs. is starting to get energy around doing a new build from scratch in Atlanta. Time it for completion in Spring '23 and move over in the Summer. I am thinking that that will be a lot of project management work for a certain someone who is not notoriously fond of any kind of work? Perhaps this is in fact part of her cunning plan?

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mrs. is starting to get energy around doing a new build from scratch in Atlanta. Time it for completion in Spring '23 and move over in the Summer. I am thinking that that will be a lot of project management work for a certain someone who is not notoriously fond of any kind of work? Perhaps this is in fact part of her cunning plan?

i will for sure do a new build for my next house… plan to start the build 2-3 years before my kids graduate high school.

i imagine the first stage would be really fun and the pride after all is said and done immense. Its the 590 stages in between that seem like they would vary in shittiness from complete frustration to downright despair.

Oh well, i have around 12 years to think about it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads