• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started sanding some interior doors today, I am planning to use an airless paint sprayer for the first time. Will do the doors and some trim. Normally I would roll and brush but some of the doors are louvered and I could use a little gun practice before tackling the kitchen cabinets..

I need to decide if I will do one coat or two. Anyone have any experience in this realm?
I’ve never used airless sprayers but as a former auto painter our rule of thumb was always spray the color and focus on getting it as even as possible. Let coat dry, repeat if you don’t have enough coverage, and keep repeating until you get complete, even coverage when the topcoat is dry

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty ****** thing to do to keep your house listed when you are under contract.
I have no experience in this area so maybe it is, but it's not like we were thinking of dropping out of the contract ourselves. Just that we would have marketed the property before winter hits. Our deal has Inspection, Appraisal, and financing contingencies.

Would be listed as Contingent, continuing to show. Or something like that, so if people want to take a look they can, and presumably step up if the original deal falls through.

this is where the distinction came from https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/contingent-vs-pending

brokencycle

Reaction score
I have no experience in this area so maybe it is, but it's not like we were thinking of dropping out of the contract ourselves. Just that we would have marketed the property before winter hits. Our deal has Inspection, Appraisal, and financing contingencies.

Would be listed as Contingent, continuing to show. Or something like that, so if people want to take a look they can, and presumably step up if the original deal falls through.

this is where the distinction came from https://www.rocketmortgage.com/learn/contingent-vs-pending
I thought you meant leave as active. I agree that if you're not through the inspection period it should be marked contingent. However, when we did our house we had something like 60 showings in the first weekend. As soon as it went contingent no one looked at it.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you meant leave as active. I agree that if you're not through the inspection period it should be marked contingent. However, when we did our house we had something like 60 showings in the first weekend. As soon as it went contingent no one looked at it.
Yep she would not mark it as Contingent, only Pending. Sounds like it might be a moot point then if Contingent kills the interest. Based on Zillow hits, going Pending pretty much wiped out the webtraffic.

Meanwhile 3 people reached out to ask about the house after going "Pending", presumably they already saw it beforehand.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? You have other (slight) interest from parties and a flaky buyer who backs out and then wants back in and there are multiple other points they could back out?

No brainer. If there’s earnest money take it and don’t let then back in and find a new buyer.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F859C2C3-CFF6-4823-B423-8E423E88AA9B.jpeg

Sunrise and coffee. ?

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? You have other (slight) interest from parties and a flaky buyer who backs out and then wants back in and there are multiple other points they could back out?

No brainer. If there’s earnest money take it and don’t let then back in and find a new buyer.
Hmmmm, not a bad take. So a little more info, while I was prep sanding doors the call came in from my RE agent with the bad news. by the time I took a break and called her back the buyers had apologized and other agent says they really want this house, somehow she thinks we should really stick with them.

I asked and it was all verbal, they never sent the written request for release.

Earnest money is pretty low. Meanwhile I was unsure if the verbal was enough to allow me to formalize the breach of contract, or worth the potential headache. Will check w an atty for advice on that point.

Worst case I can kick them out this week if they ask for anything based on inspections.

Edit: I guess that is not worst case... worst case is we get close to close and they bail. Sigh...

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty ****** thing to do to keep your house listed when you are under contract.

after the heartfelt letters and everything ? lol

is it not ****** to jerk a seller around in contract ? asking for a bud

oaks aside , @greeky how did you come to accept the contract ? a week in you met your ask and that's that ?

brokencycle

Reaction score

oaks aside , @greeky how did you come to accept the contract ? a week in you met your ask and that's that ?

Yes. A seller can ignore the heartfelt letters, but if a house is showing as active on the MLS when it is under contract is a waste of everyone's time. I'm sure no agent wants to do it because they would get quickly blacklisted by all the other agents around.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
referring to the less-than-earnest offer ,

which is what OP is navigating .

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We had a lot of showing and a few offers over the course of the week. This offer came in and we made a counter (slight), seemed like a solid buyer at that moment and we were not expecting a bidding war.

Yes. A seller can ignore the heartfelt letters, but if a house is showing as active on the MLS when it is under contract is a waste of everyone's time. I'm sure no agent wants to do it because they would get quickly blacklisted by all the other agents around.
Just in case others missed it, we asked for Contingent, not fully active.

Side note, we had coagency come up. This probably hurt us, because we likely would have had bidding over ask on the earlier offers. I suspect my agent subtlely steered them away from writing an offer, can't be certain.

Did I mention I am not 100 percent satisfied with my agent? Lol

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads