• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1674542

Oh. I have ******* mice in the house. The hunt commences tomorrow
I found some mouse poop in the crawlspace near this, too. ****** HVAC guys left some flex duct scraps down there. It looks like some mice decided the insulation made a nice litter box.

I've only seen 2 in the house since we moved in, at least.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found some mouse poop in the crawlspace near this, too. ****** HVAC guys left some flex duct scraps down there. It looks like some mice decided the insulation made a nice litter box.

I've only seen 2 in the house since we moved in, at least.
One came out in my office. Cute ******. Cant wait for him to die

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got around to trimming out some windows, putting up new batten and rebuilding front stairs.

8C2F9F81-D113-4DF8-B8FD-1231A90DE4A1.jpeg

1F62ECC9-D4D7-4069-8EDA-B43995EDB0BC.jpeg
E644A3CB-0A3F-49D4-81E5-30E93AABEA4B.jpeg
82CB25A4-6A88-4123-AEB2-F39CEA44B1E8.jpeg

Going to look like a circus tent for a year until it weathers.

lefty

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thinking about a shoji type solution to manage space in our tiny bathroom any insights ?

i guess the working side would be in the bedroom

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts on hot water recirculation pumps? Worth it?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thinking about a shoji type solution to manage space in our tiny bathroom any insights ?

update: nevermind ! ...

finished a very good first layout just now (off of our contractor/designer's plumbing base)

sticking with the hinged door , it works out so i can use a full length mirror on the door with the sink arrangement opposite

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started sanding some interior doors today, I am planning to use an airless paint sprayer for the first time. Will do the doors and some trim. Normally I would roll and brush but some of the doors are louvered and I could use a little gun practice before tackling the kitchen cabinets..

I need to decide if I will do one coat or two. Anyone have any experience in this realm?

Re: selling our old house, we settled on a RE agent who did a fairly decent job of convincing us on listing price strategy, light staging, and included handyman labor for some odds and ends.

Our house went under contract for a gnat's hair above list after 1 week. House had a large amount of interest, so we wanted to keep showing the house during the inspection/appraisal contingency period to collect backup offers (and maybe trigger the escalation clause $$ in the contract).

Our RE agent flat out refused to do it, says it's against local custom and local RE agents association rules etc. She listed it as Pending so it disappears from people's search. Kind of pissed but haven't pressed her again about it. I might check in w a local RE attorney this week, see what they say.

The kicker is that today, before inspections, our buyer called to break the contract so they could bid on another house. Then they called back two hours later and apologized and want to move forward.

So we have a flaky buyer, meanwhile it sure would have been nice to have had those back up offers at the ready.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm in the process of planning some giant shoji sets for my new dining room.

What are you trying to figure you?

brokencycle

Reaction score
Started sanding some interior doors today, I am planning to use an airless paint sprayer for the first time. Will do the doors and some trim. Normally I would roll and brush but some of the doors are louvered and I could use a little gun practice before tackling the kitchen cabinets..

I need to decide if I will do one coat or two. Anyone have any experience in this realm?

Re: selling our old house, we settled on a RE agent who did a fairly decent job of convincing us on listing price strategy, light staging, and included handyman labor for some odds and ends.

Our house went under contract for a gnat's hair above list after 1 week. House had a large amount of interest, so we wanted to keep showing the house during the inspection/appraisal contingency period to collect backup offers (and maybe trigger the escalation clause $$ in the contract).

Our RE agent flat out refused to do it, says it's against local custom and local RE agents association rules etc. She listed it as Pending so it disappears from people's search. Kind of pissed but haven't pressed her again about it. I might check in w a local RE attorney this week, see what they say.

The kicker is that today, before inspections, our buyer called to break the contract so they could bid on another house. Then they called back two hours later and apologized and want to move forward.

So we have a flaky buyer, meanwhile it sure would have been nice to have had those back up offers at the ready.

Seems like a pretty ****** thing to do to keep your house listed when you are under contract.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads