• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was going to do random things around the outside of the house today but using the extremely wet conditions as a reason to be lazy.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to lay in my hammock in my backyard while my 93-year-old neighbor behind me does all sorts of work in his backyard, up to and including climbing 12' ladders to clean his gutters.

It used to make me feel lazy as I laid there sipping my beer, but I got over that. He's just a more ambitious and industrious person in his 10th decade of life than I am in my 5th.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You've got 40 years to work up the motivation. You can do it!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like it's basically impossible to find 3-1/4 x 12 HVAC stack fittings. None of the local suppliers carry them, and no one will ship fittings.

Looks like Menards has them, but they don't ship.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is why we pay people, man.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You gotta pay the right people. :)

brokencycle

Reaction score
The people I paid did a ****** job, probably because they couldn't get the right fittings, either.

Yeah, but you don't tip.
That is terrifying.

My grandma was very active until about that age: she used to re-paint/re-wallpaper every couple of years and would get up on a ladder to do it. She broke her leg, and after that the doctor recommended she stop climbing ladders and start slowing down a bit. Her quality of life quickly deteriorated after that.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So our normal plumbing company came out and the owner said, you don’t need new pipes. He said he can see what his employees were talking about but it is not currently an issue and call him once it becomes one and I can get to the front of the line.

Had another plumber come out and he didn’t even look at the pipes and quoted 2X what the other guy said it could potentially be. He smelled like he sprayed a whole bottle of cologne on before coming and somehow he got on the topic of edibles and how nice sunsets must look from my house. Weird dude

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads