• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed a ton of seed like droppings on our patio. Quick google pointed to field mice/some type of mouse. Great. One trip to the local Menards and a bait station later and set it our yesterday. Holy crap, they ate the **** out of it. Hopefully helps to solve the outdoor mice issue. Last year we had 2 get in the house so maybe outdoor poisoning will help alleviate.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too late now, but poison outside is terrible for local predator populations. Tons of deaths from eating poisoned rodents :-(

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed a ton of seed like droppings on our patio. Quick google pointed to field mice/some type of mouse. Great. One trip to the local Menards and a bait station later and set it our yesterday. Holy crap, they ate the **** out of it. Hopefully helps to solve the outdoor mice issue. Last year we had 2 get in the house so maybe outdoor poisoning will help alleviate.

Too late now, but poison outside is terrible for local predator populations. Tons of deaths from eating poisoned rodents :-(

Also not a good idea: poison inside if you've got a problem with squirrels getting in your attic. They just climb up there, eat the poison, die, and then start to stink in the heat. Oh well, that was a $75 lesson I learned as a new homeowner. I'd rather pay the pest control guy to climb around in the sweltering maze-like attic in August and look for the dead squirrel(s) than do it myself.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We would get 4-5 mice a year at our old house. I would just setup old school wooden snap traps with PB and some bird food and would catch them.

My crazy MIL uses these super sticky glue traps then drowns them in a bucket...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We would get 4-5 mice a year at our old house. I would just setup old school wooden snap traps with PB and some bird food and would catch them.

My crazy MIL uses these super sticky glue traps then drowns them in a bucket...

I had voles and chipmunks tearing up my plants outside and built a trap with a bucket and a spinning platform. Fill the bucket with water, cover with sunflower seeds, critters go to investigate, *plunk* into the water.

Not exactly humane, but it worked.

Only problem was the squirrels could get in and out.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my critter control. It's not as effective as I could wish. 20210802_183459.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, don't poison the food of other animals. I have a bunch of good old snap and kill traps around the grounds of the Piob Palace, particularly in the outdoor kitchen area. They like to get in under the counter areas and I pull them out on a regular basis.

If that damn setback was a mile of undisturbed habitat...

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe a cougar if you're lucky

We get mountain lions, but almost never see them. The bobcats and bears are much more open.

Yeah, don't poison the food of other animals. I have a bunch of good old snap and kill traps around the grounds of the Piob Palace, particularly in the outdoor kitchen area. They like to get in under the counter areas and I pull them out on a regular basis.

100%. I dont use poison on gophers etc because dont want to kill stuff up the food chain.

I have a thing called a Gopher Hawk which is a pretty handy kill trap.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol @ self-rodent killer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads