• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Imagine being the architect for that. I wonder if they were happy the results or just cringe and take the cash.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the actual **** is going on in this bedroom?

View attachment 1629215

The first thing that caught my eye was the ****** head and foot boards. The second was that wall decal. According to the Google, that's a $2-$58 wall decal, depending on size.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 094911.png
Screenshot 2021-06-23 094840.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, since i love taking tangents off tangents to tangents - - the big decal is normally $4.99, but is on sale (save 50%) at $58.50? :rolleyes:

Also, if the creator of the decal believes this, why is it god instead of God in the listing header?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you ever have to do this again, grab a golf tee instead of match sticks. Hammer it in and snap off the top part of the tee.

Thanks, but I don't golf. Also, meant to say toothpicks not matchsticks. Don't know where that came from haha.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, boomer. They believe in a business casual god who doesn't insist on titles and other needlessly formal bullshit.

A god that doesn’t need derailleurs?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean this is kind of awesome. That must be a secret door to somewhere, right? Like who needs access to that many leather-bound books immediately after entering one's house?
Pretty sure the listing said it was a secret door (though a really obvious one) to the office/study.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a MCM house near us that was designed by Minoru Yamasaki and I absolutely love. I tried to convince my wife we should buy it when it popped up on the market back in '10 or '11 at around $600k. It was a little rough but still gorgeous and seemed to be pretty sound overall. No luck though as we had only been in our house for a couple of years at the time and my wife had 0 interest in moving at that point.

Fast forward to this year and she drove past it yesterday and mentioned that there was a For Sale sign out front now and maybe we should look at it again. So, I pulled up the listing on the agency's site. It's now listed for $1.6 million (that's a nice appreciation for the current owners!) but thankfully I don't have to try to convince my wife to pry open her purse since it's already showing as under contract after 11 days on the market.

1624543875044.png

1624543887899.png

Front door opening right into the living space might have been a deal breaker anyway ;)
1624543901649.png

1624543947970.png

1624543971622.png

1624543990669.png

1624544010105.png

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our place has a pretty long frontage as we're on a little bend in the road, as part of the landscape program i wanted to include two long planter boxes for local wildflowers and grasses etc. ended up just using the median strip instead and after a couple seasons of seeding it is really taking off this summer.

from down the street it probably just looks pretty shaggy and unkept as i let the grass flower n seed (the seed bank is really the entire point)... at a pedestrian distance it resolves into this amazing strip of motion and color, a piece of meadow.

best part it gets a lot of visitors, it's kind of a surprise moment for folks i've been seeing them stop and tour the flowers, this morning a woodpecker foraging

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Front door opening right into the living space might have been a deal breaker anyway ;)
Beautiful house, but yeah, I hate this. Feel like this is a design element for more temperate climates. California modern, etc. I just imagine opening the door in a storm and having rain or snow blowing straight into your living room.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is almost all i know in maryland. my door opens right into what would be the "living room". every now and then you get a house that is just steps leading up to the living area though.

about my issue. I have a 1938 house that visibly has paint on top of paint on top of wallpaper on top of the wallpaper. Should I just pay someone to go through all this or just paint over it again? Is it cost-effective to just do room by room over a period of time if some spaces are not real big priorities i.e living room and bedroom?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads