• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally you would want your step sister going under the sink messing with that stuff.
I'll save that for when the washing machine goes on the fritz.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your step mom available to lend a hand for the sink?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found @Omega Male's new house:

I got nosy - it looks like that house previously belonged to one of the "Real Housewives". I don't know enough about Omega Male but I'm just going to assume that that is right up his lifestyle and he definitely needs the in-house recording studio and salon.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I got nosy - it looks like that house previously belonged to one of the "Real Housewives". I don't know enough about Omega Male but I'm just going to assume that that is right up his lifestyle and he definitely needs the in-house recording studio and salon.

Not that I'll understand a 33,000 sq ft house or the awful taste, but the thing I don't get is the size of rooms that make them impractical. As an example, the kitchen has like 8-10' between the island and the other counter. Most rooms just look empty and senselessly large.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not that I'll understand a 33,000 sq ft house or the awful taste, but the thing I don't get is the size of rooms that make them impractical. As an example, the kitchen has like 8-10' between the island and the other counter. Most rooms just look empty and senselessly large.

Founder of the company my dad works for was stereotypical nuevo riche. He had a TV in every single room, and made rooms impractically gigantic.

Their bedroom was something like 2000 sq ft. They bought some giant TV, but it was too small to see from the bed when mounted on the wall. So they put in a seating area at that TV, and got another TV to put by the bed.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Founder of the company my dad works for was stereotypical nuevo riche. He had a TV in every single room, and made rooms impractically gigantic.

Their bedroom was something like 2000 sq ft. They bought some giant TV, but it was too small to see from the bed when mounted on the wall. So they put in a seating area at that TV, and got another TV to put by the bed.

He's sounds like he loved freedom and winning way more then you.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sftiger

Reaction score

That places looks like a really kitschy hotel. What possible use could you have for all that space?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My wife would probably qualify as "old money" but given her way she'd happily have a TV in every room. Of course that would necessitate spending the money to buy a bunch of TVs...

But yes, FWIW, I've never understood the appeal of individual rooms being sooooo large. It seems like such a waste of space and resources to me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't take this personal if you have one but I detest TVs in bedrooms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads