• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I have posted before, i have my lawn to where I just use milorganite to fertilize plus a crab grass pre-emergent.

Decided to go nutty and try some ironite to see how dark green i can get the lawn (i know Milorganite already has iron, but i did this in between those applications).

Put it down on Saturday… already a pretty big difference today. Pretty happy.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's heading to Atlanta to hang with Ed.
In mitigation, one Marin house likely parlays into a Buckhead house plus a Kiawah Island house with money left over for guns and ammo.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In mitigation, one Marin house likely parlays into a Buckhead house plus a Kiawah Island house with money left over for guns and ammo for "chicken and waffles".
Why buy so many houses when you will just move again in a few years?

also, fixed that for you

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In mitigation, one Marin house likely parlays into a Buckhead house plus a Kiawah Island house with money left over for guns and ammo.

Just buy a 10 story building, bam.

Hit me up on OnlyFans for payment of my fees.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to fix a sticking door? I have these double doors that stick along the top edge when I open or shut them. My impression is it's related to the hinge of one of the doors - the screws securing it to the jamb do not fully tighten (all the others are fully tightened). My local hardware store suggested inserting plastic wood (a glue like product) into the drill holes, letting it dry, and screwing the screws back in. No luck, the door still sticks. Any other suggestions? The door still shuts and opens but only with some force so this is driving me crazy! Especially since it only seems to be a millimeter or so to get the door operating smoothly. I plan on re-trying the "glue" again tomorrow but being more aggressive with my application but hoping to see if other ideas are available.
Get some wood dowels and and the proper drill bit, drill out the holes coat the dowel and inside of hole, pound 'em in, dry over night , drill pilots and drive new screws. Buy good screws there are a lot of cheap crap screws out there nowadays. "Why is there never time to do it right but always time to do it twice"

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random question - maybe someone here will know.

Does anyone have experience w/ Mahogany from Fiji? Most of what I see around is African, and "true" Mahogony from Honduras is basically impossible to get in 10'+ lengths. I have a line on lengths I need in Fijian, but it sprice is almost double the African (which isn't available in lengths I need).

Anyone worked with it or with both and have any quality assesment?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
City is doing the semi-annual palm tree clean up it needed doing but what a mess
tempImageFShc6o.jpg
tempImage3UXt1d.jpg

tempImageqdQiqq.jpg

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm surprised you're not able to find the longer lengths in Africa.

Ya...so home depot has African. But their prices are absurd and it just sits there cause no one buys it there. The are pricing by linear foot instead of board foot and its a real rip off.

The local lumbar yard I trust and like in So Cal (Ganahl) has not been able to get a successful shipment of African in since April, including at their main lumber yard distro. So all they have left is left over lengths (nothing over 8').

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads