• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Our house is worth about double what we paid for it back in 2012 plus improvements. YMMV.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more the estimate goes up, the more ambitious my patio plans get. this is stupid because equity is not actually cash.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more the estimate goes up, the more ambitious my patio plans get. this is stupid because equity is not actually cash.

Have to remind myself of that all the time lol.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Yup, remember that's all "dead" money.

I need to go apply for an interest only mortgage...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our house is worth about double what we paid for it back in 2012 plus improvements. YMMV.
I'm doing it wrong then. My house is only up like 10% since I bought it back in 2013. How the hell am I suppose to triple leverage my equity with only 10% gains in 8 years? I'll never get Piob tendies with such meager gainz.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, but you'll never have a craven ***** stalking you, so there's that.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and since I haven't complained about stupid **** in a while...

I printed out our inspection report and started checking off the things we've done (more than I thought!), x-ing out things that are not necessary, etc. because it feels good to check things off a list.

I saw something I thought was easy. Garbage disposal wiring needs a strain relief connector. $0.47 part and what should be 5 or 10 minutes of work. Yeah, that's 5 minutes (or less) if you do it before you install the damn thing so you can see what you're doing. Took me at least a half hour. Got it done, though.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and since I haven't complained about stupid **** in a while...

I printed out our inspection report and started checking off the things we've done (more than I thought!), x-ing out things that are not necessary, etc. because it feels good to check things off a list.

I saw something I thought was easy. Garbage disposal wiring needs a strain relief connector. $0.47 part and what should be 5 or 10 minutes of work. Yeah, that's 5 minutes (or less) if you do it before you install the damn thing so you can see what you're doing. Took me at least a half hour. Got it done, though.

I once installed a garbage disposal and neglected to remove the plug where the dishwasher drain hose connects. That was a costly mistake...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our current house is up more than our previous house but once they are done with their huge remodel it will be more than ours. I sometimes miss that house but the small annoyances added up and glad we moved

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey @Van Veen, turns out, neither of us are that bad off

Oh lord. I watched a few and they are all awful.

I especially loved these two:

- The one where she is trying to respond to the people saying that she would have been better off hiring a pro for $6500. Yeah, maybe you haven't spent that much on materials YET, but A) you aren't done yet. B) You've spent an inordinate amount of time already. and C) your bathroom is going to be ****-quality in the end.

- The one where she fights back against the people telling her not to paint the sinks by showing that the box of the consumer-grade refinishing kit has the word "sink" on it. Nope. Its gonna be ****. My landlord had a professional come in and do the shower tiles/tub with nasty pro chemicals and even that's not really very nice. The first time she accidentally drops something in the sink, she's going to chip her poorly applied consumer coating and accelerate the inevitable peeling process.

It seems like she's stripped repainted the counter/sinks at least 3 times at this point. How much does a new laminate countertop and some generic sinks cost?
Christ, you can get a brand new double sink vanity with a synthetic stone top for like $500 if you aren't that picky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads