• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never seen a gray one. White or black? Sure, lots of those. Many different shades of brown as well, but gray? That just seems weird.
There is caulk for every color and application. Green, brown, gray black thousands of color matches, and there is even a sroduck where yo can inject paint Into the tube, and make your own custom match color

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is caulk for every color and application. Green, brown, gray black thousands of color matches, and there is even a sroduck where yo can inject paint Into the tube, and make your own custom match color

If your caulk is green, seek professional help.

Reactions: otc

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never seen a gray one. White or black? Sure, lots of those. Many different shades of brown as well, but gray? That just seems weird.
It exists, but it's labeled as window and door caulk, which is why I didn't see it in the first place. I just used some. Label says it adheres to porcelain and ceramic tile. It worked. Definitely hides flaws and blends in much more with my shower. Really hard to get a smooth caulk line over those stupid tetris tiles, though. Read mixed things about using exterior caulks in a shower, so we'll see how it holds up.

1620586719935.png

On a different note,

I just made a possibly ill-considered trip into the attic over my addition to hook up the bathroom fan duct to the new hood I put in yesterday. There were about 30 seconds where I was seriously contemplating busting through the ceiling to get down, but I managed to twist myself in a pretzel and get back out. Turned the fan on and watched the stupid little flapper move. Felt accomplishment.

The scuttle is tiny (26x13). Plus some dumbass ran romex right across it, making it effectively smaller.

Noticed that there's only R-11.5 insulation up there. That's one more thing I'll have to take care of when we renovate the addition. Probably part of why it's ±10 degrees off the rest of the house.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tile stores sell caulk that matches grout colors you can buy it smooth or "sanded":teach:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a good cork soakers style SNL sketch in here. I imagine Kevin Nealon as the owner of the world's biggest caulk store, home of the world's biggest caulk.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1620688487432.png

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Talked to our realtor. He said he's working with a couple who put in an offer for $30k over asking with a $20k non-refundable deposit, and they're not even sure they'll win.

Glad we pulled the trigger when we did. We'd be renting indefinitely if we waited much longer. Even new construction is going 5-10% over asking now.

Also my redfin estimate jumped $5k+ after a couple sales in my zip code closed. It's now $40k over what we paid (net), and we've probably put $20k into major repairs so far. Freaking wild.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads