• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha all good! I'm still in transition since the floors just got installed so things are hastily moved or not hung yet!

I like to keep things in mystery but I'll see if I can answer most of the '?":

-Spare license plate
- It's a Ferrari F40
- Office mic and lamp so I don't get eye strain (see reply below)
- Picture frames I haven't hung yet (But, are you turning your LR into an Art Gallery???)
- Cushions (But, now I understand that your eyesight is indeed failing...)
- Wood table (Hmmm...not exactly correct, if I can be so bold. More like "glass table top on weird bundled driftwood legs", no? Be completely honest, now...)
- Hookah ✓✓✓✓✓
My most sincere apologies on that one, then (and best wishes also to your eye health); I thought those were just two mis-matched task lamps. So, that sin is forgiven....

But, true religion being a real *****, one might then question why one would need an office mic the size of a damned UP "Big Boy" 4014 locomotive, in 2021. Fair question?

And, @Texasmade is clearly going to hold you to severe account for your "low-plebe computer screen set-up" (nttawwtimho, I only have a craptop myself) and castigate you endlessly for it. So, you're still barely breaking even it seems.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most sincere apologies on that one, then (and best wishes also to your eye health); I thought those were just two mis-matched task lamps. So, that sin is forgiven....

But, true religion being a real *****, one might then question why one would need an office mic the size of a damned UP "Big Boy" 4014 locomotive, in 2021. Fair question?

And, @Texasmade is clearly going to hold you to severe account for your "low-plebe computer screen set-up" (nttawwtimho, I only have a craptop myself) and castigate you endlessly for it. So, you're still barely breaking even it seems.

I officially hit peak adulthood: I had to increase my zoom on my browser. :(

Those cushions be going with that couch.

Hmmm your driftwood description is closer; it's a teak root table! I'll take a photo when I'm all organized haha.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm your driftwood description is closer; it's a teak root table! I'll take a photo when I'm all organized haha.
?
Please do!

You may very well redeem yourself yet, as you did on the bicycles. I never lost faith in your ability to successfully accomplish that mission, not even for one second.
:smile:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You'll know you're old when you have to buy those back cushions for your computer chair.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll know you're old when you have to buy those back cushions for your computer chair.
Or you can make your self old faster by not using one

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My older (72) neighbor Joe from down the street had back surgery recently and sometimes wears this high-tech compression vest. The other day I was chatting with him in his yard, and the grand-son (4) of the neighbor across the street came over to play with Joe's dogs, saw that Joe did not have the vest on, and said, "Where's the thing that holds you together?!?" :lol:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a low back X-ray that looks like a HR Giger drawing but no surgery for this old boy

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checked another item off the home inspection report today. Replaced 2 broken vent covers for bathroom exhausts. Gave me an excuse to use my hammer drill as a hammer drill.

I'm lucky no birds decided to make it their home.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You seem like a reasonable cat, and open to suggestion, so yes, please post pics. But I would remove everything and only put back that which adds/compliments something else. Most of that doesn't unfortunately.
~~~

I need 30 sheets of plywood to finish off a cabin. Last week - $64 a sheet. This week $78 a sheet. Fortunately they gave me last week's price when I ordered today.

lefty

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another item added to the "DIY tasks I do not enjoy" list:

Caulking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads