• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm down for a trip to Ted Drewe's. But I'm not taking sides here; I'm like @Michigan Planner on this one- they're all good.

I had to spend a week in St. Louis for work a couple years ago and a friend told me I needed to check out Ted Drewe's. So one evening after my meetings I ran from the hotel near Busch Stadium down to get some frozen custard. I was not disappointed. Definitely the best frozen custard I've had.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only had culver's frozen custard.

While very good, I am not sure the gastroi testinal distress is worth trying other custard offerings!

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had to spend a week in St. Louis for work a couple years ago and a friend told me I needed to check out Ted Drewe's. So one evening after my meetings I ran from the hotel near Busch Stadium down to get some frozen custard. I was not disappointed. Definitely the best frozen custard I've had.

i went to school in St. Louis. Ted Drewe’s is, indeed, awesome.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm down for a trip to Ted Drewe's. But I'm not taking sides here; I'm like @Michigan Planner on this one- they're all good.
What's the one in Milwaukee that has a few mid century modern buildings? I liked that one.

This is the hometown favorite, though...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the one in Milwaukee that has a few mid century modern buildings? I liked that one.

This is the hometown favorite, though...

Never been to Milwaukee, and sadly, have not experienced Kohr's, either. I've eaten a lot of concretes and Mistos at Rita's Italian Ice, though.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My neighbor warned me we had poison ivy a few months ago. I hadn't seen any. Well it turns out it had just been lying in slumber under the English ivy. It's basically everywhere. English ivy + poison ivy + Japanese honeysuckle + privet.

I want to burn everything under 6' tall to the ground.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighbor warned me we had poison ivy a few months ago. I hadn't seen any. Well it turns out it had just been lying in slumber under the English ivy. It's basically everywhere. English ivy + poison ivy + Japanese honeysuckle + privet.

I want to burn everything under 6' tall to the ground.

Just be careful of the smoke...

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oof. My first house had a bunch of juniper and a side yard that was infested with poison ivy. We never managed to clear it all, so it resulted in a lot of wasted space.

None at the current house despite living literally at the edge of the woods, but my neighbor has a bunch, so I'm always on the lookout for it. I'm hopeful that my vigilance will help me spot it when it's early and limited when it inevitably does show up.

Good luck getting rid of it. I had some luck with Round-Up in the old place, but that's not a great option if you have a lot. You've got to physically remove it to really get rid of it.

And, yeah, in case you weren't kidding about burning it, the smoke is toxic. Be very, very careful.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I freakin’ hate juniper bushes... The whole north side of our house and driveway was filled with the stuff. We cleared that out to make a much more usable yard. I still want to take out all the juniper trees in the backyard. We lose a bunch of branches every spring to snow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads