• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be worse...

This concerns me- I have a serious boba tea habit. Though the folks at my usual location of Kung Fu Tea have not mentioned a shortage to me, so maybe they're one of the companies that has enough stock to make it through the dark days to come.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Japanese Maple came back in full force after looking dead over the winter. It nicely covers the little pond out front. In front of the pond is a pathetic brick walkway that needs reworked but don’t know if I want to redo the brick or do something else with it.

4189A37C-7631-4166-8646-998365AFFA37.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are the whitest person I have never met.

There is a store in Troy called "quickly boba cafe", every frozen yogurt place I can think of has the little bubbles for toppings. There are genuinely about 2 dozen places between detroit and Troy not including the bigger chains.

I know it is a pandemic but come on man!

If you need a tour guide of the area, let me know! ;)

I never knew that those little bubble things at the FroYo places were boba. FWIW, I would go to a self-service yogurt place for lunch every day if there was one conveniently located by my house or office. Nothing beats about 2 ounces of yogurt and a pound of crushed up Oreo cookies!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never knew that those little bubble things at the FroYo places were boba. FWIW, I would go to a self-service yogurt place for lunch every day if there was one conveniently located by my house or office. Nothing beats about 2 ounces of yogurt and a pound of crushed up Oreo cookies!
There isn't a menchies or something by you? Or man.

Fro-yo is where it is at for sure though

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup--little squirt of 2-3 flavors of yogurt, and then a whole bunch of broken butterfinger, reeses, heath, oreo, on top (whatever fits the yogurt flavor better and/or has the biggest pieces sitting in the topping bin)

And after that article OM posted yesterday, I now know that the toppings are the lowest margin part of the business so I feel like I'm getting an even better deal.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't a menchies or something by you? Or man.

Fro-yo is where it is at for sure though

We go to the Menchie's at 14 and Orchard Lake on occasion, especially in the summer. That's the closest FroYo place to us. It's about 6 miles and in the summer I'd run there on occasion in the summer and then run home. When my oldest gets to put together a "day with dad" we usually start at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, then get lunch at CPK or Buffalo Wild Wings, and then finish up at Menchie's. Thankfully, she likes all the same trashy stuff I do!

There used to be a good place in downtown Birmingham but the owners suddenly decided to retire and closed up shop a few years ago. Then some non-chain place opened up in the shopping center at Maple and Lahser and that was great because it was just a few blocks from our house but they closed after less than a year (they were terribly overpriced, had no signage, and were in the worst location in the strip totally hidden from the road and people walking past).

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We go to the Menchie's at 14 and Orchard Lake on occasion, especially in the summer. That's the closest FroYo place to us. It's about 6 miles and in the summer I'd run there on occasion in the summer and then run home. When my oldest gets to put together a "day with dad" we usually start at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, then get lunch at CPK or Buffalo Wild Wings, and then finish up at Menchie's. Thankfully, she likes all the same trashy stuff I do!

There used to be a good place in downtown Birmingham but the owners suddenly decided to retire and closed up shop a few years ago. Then some non-chain place opened up in the shopping center at Maple and Lahser and that was great because it was just a few blocks from our house but they closed after less than a year (they were terribly overpriced, had no signage, and were in the worst location in the strip totally hidden from the road and people walking past).
That is the menchies we go to as well. And we love marvin's!

Cpk sadly closed though.

Also, I would like to welcome everyone to the oakland county chamber of commerce meeting

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the menchies we go to as well. And we love marvin's!

Cpk sadly closed though.

Also, I would like to welcome everyone to the oakland county chamber of commerce meeting

I forgot that that CPK closed. We tried to get takeout from there back in the summer and I discovered we had to go to Somerset instead.

Marvin's is definitely a gem. There were some worries it would close completely because of the pandemic but it looks like they're surviving. Honestly though, that place was always so grimy and dirty and gross in the best of times that I've got absolutely no desire to go in there now but that's one of the places my oldest has been asking about so I know I'll only be able to hold out so long.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot that that CPK closed. We tried to get takeout from there back in the summer and I discovered we had to go to Somerset instead.

Marvin's is definitely a gem. There were some worries it would close completely because of the pandemic but it looks like they're surviving. Honestly though, that place was always so grimy and dirty and gross in the best of times that I've got absolutely no desire to go in there now but that's one of the places my oldest has been asking about so I know I'll only be able to hold out so long.
I mean it is an arcade. Every arcade is a bit gross!

And we donated to their go fund me last summer. They were really close to closing. I used to go there when I was a kid!

It is fun to go to,you should totally go. Just embrace the griminess

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FroYo rules and Menchi's is awesome.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the latest horror for those of us trying to figure out renovations in Los Angeles.
Home depot price for a 48"x 8' oriented plywood board is at $52.
Last week was $38.
5 years ago during the lumber shortage was $14.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads