• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps for a small island nation, Giacometti portrait, or the secret to eternal youth.

lefty

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea i showed my old lady

she likes it too

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps for a small island nation, Giacometti portrait, or the secret to eternal youth.

lefty
Dude. I actually have a small island nation to trade you. I own part of Sealand. And as a member of the ruling family and baron of my land, I accept your trade offer.

I will swing by this weekend to pick up the keys

Seriously though that is I credibly amazing

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what that means but I removed it.

Thanks. Unless you're actually a secret competing realtor.

lefty

When you mouse over an image, the file name is displayed. Yours resembled an address.

Example:
1618504699610.png

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the horror that follows, but what is everyone's experience with having their driveways "re-paved" versus "fill in the holes and seal coated"? My driveway is looking grim and I've highlighted the two most egregious areas below. My better half thinks it's wasteful to drop 12-15K on a full repaving, when a whack-a-mole?, sealant approach can be had for 2K.
A2517D7B-910C-4485-AFFB-E78A5238C881_1_105_c.jpeg

CC4430C2-59B7-4276-B31B-2A8E7A9124EF_1_105_c.jpeg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For sale: one house. After payment is received I will tell you the hemisphere, and time zone. For an extra 10% I will tell you the city. The door is unlocked, bon chance

It adds to the mystery.

lefty

brokencycle

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the horror that follows, but what is everyone's experience with having their driveways "re-paved" versus "fill in the holes and seal coated"? My driveway is looking grim and I've highlighted the two most egregious areas below. My better half thinks it's wasteful to drop 12-15K on a full repaving, when a whack-a-mole?, sealant approach can be had for 2K.
View attachment 1593824

View attachment 1593825

My two cents: we had a driveway in worse shape than yours, and we redid it with concrete. For the top picture, you could probably get away with just resealing, but once those big chunks start coming up, that's not going to fix the problem, and it will continue to crack and break away.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YYou
View attachment 1593824

View attachment 1593825
You don't actually have a driveway anymore. The whack a mole approach will work until lt doesn't and eventually your driveway will be nothing but patch. The second picture out show had the asphalt actually dissolving, and it needs to be replaced. Spend 13-15 now, or spend 2-4 per year for the next few years and then pay 15-18 to replace in a few years. That driveway is toast. The edges are crumpling, waster will continue to get in and eat away, expecially if you live somewhere with a freeze thaw cycle

Looked like my driveway, and it needed replaced badly.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1618514534140.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads