• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s a urinal for the tall, short-penised man

I was at this resort in Mexico and the urinals were so tall I almost had to stand back to get it in there (and I'm 6'2).

It was an adults only resort, but...still pretty weird.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a6457aa976b5eb94c65f2c69911b9da2.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hotel we stayed at in Germany for our wedding had what I can only describe as a vomit urinal. It is too tall and narrow to be a regular urinal, as they have those, but it also has these handles on the sides to hang onto. Apparently it is pretty common in Europe...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously **** these things.

1618352598951.png

I made the mistake of trying to remove them instead of just smashing them in with a ball peen hammer. I have 12 more to do. At least I have learned my lesson. Previous homeowner just spackled over them really badly.

BCF82311-3483-4EC0-875D-82B549286813.jpeg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Crew started demo in our backyard as the first step in building our new deck. Two-stroke concrete saw and jackhammer. My colleagues enjoyed the background noise, I'm sure.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 down. 75 or so to go. (That doesn’t even count the ceiling. Probably going to pay someone to do that) Also needs a top coat still

FC5BE84B-A206-45C1-A0A8-C94CEFFD0AB3.jpeg

If you’re curious what I’m fixing, since it looks like I’m making a mess...

638C669C-0628-409E-B366-2F26F68C7D14.jpeg

Of course I insist on doing them the more permanent, but time consuming way. (Pulling the nails vs. hammering them in.)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is **** work to do. Will pay someone before doing that again in a room....

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 down. 75 or so to go. (That doesn’t even count the ceiling. Probably going to pay someone to do that) Also needs a top coat still

View attachment 1593290

If you’re curious what I’m fixing, since it looks like I’m making a mess...

View attachment 1593291
Of course I insist on doing them the more permanent, but time consuming way. (Pulling the nails vs. hammering them in.)
Let me know when you use the first gallon of spackle noob.

What were hanging there? Or what the **** were they actually doin g?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you using for a header? also, site soil under the fabric or a pad of aggregate?

also also: that brick wall looks really super with the subtle wiggle

The header is a local product I found. Sort of like Corten, with similar rusting color, but thicker so as not to create a sharp edge. I have a young daughter so didn't want to put Corten into the lawn. Comes in 8' segments that bend with some muscle grease or can be ground off. 20210414_141156.jpg

Local soil underneath. My house sits on a pad that was cut out of a hillside (the remainder of which rhe brick wall contains), so no need for aggregate really. Its very compacted and full of clay as is. Means the adjacent planting bed needs to be heavily amended.

And ya, the wall is one of the few things the old owners did i actually like, though the wiggle is more extreme in some places than others.
20210414_141236.jpg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is **** work to do. Will pay someone before doing that again in a room....
If I pay someone, they'll do it the fast way, not the right way. Then 10 years from now I'll have to pay someone again.

It's not like I'm lacking free time right now. Just tackle it an hour or two a day.

I'm going to pay someone to do the ceiling though. I'm not that crazy. (fast forward to a month from now: "is it crazy to think I can do the ceiling myself?")

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads