• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just heard a crazy story...

Friends buying new construction. Go in for the walkthrough & smell pot. Get to the kitchen, oven is on. Somebody's drying weed in the oven. When they go upstairs they hear people hiding in the closet, so they leave and decide to come back the next day.

Well the people must have panicked assuming the cops would get called. They trashed the bathroom trying to flush it all down the toilet.

Luckily they hadn't closed yet, so it's still the builder's problem.

I wonder if this is a common thing for these people, breaking into new construction to dry weed. Seems weird.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Friends buying new construction. Go in for the walkthrough & smell pot. Get to the kitchen, oven is on. Somebody's drying weed in the oven. When they go upstairs they hear people hiding in the closet, so they leave and decide to come back the next day.

Well the people must have panicked assuming the cops would get called. They trashed the bathroom trying to flush it all down the toilet.

I wonder if this is a common thing for these people, breaking into new construction to dry weed. Seems weird.
Most of the time when I see new construction in my neighborhood, it's fenced off with security cameras/alarms.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Now, when they go to sell, the are legally obligated to disclose the premises were used to process illegal drugs.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys ever get into planting trees but then start overthinking everything? It's like a jigsaw puzzle all the ways a tree should NOT be placed. We have two acres with a lot of trees already, so there's:

1. Not enough light from other tree cover
  2. Would encroach on other trees' root systems
  3. Too near the septic mound
  4. Too wet an area
  5. Not close enough to pairing fruit tree

Ahhh!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not a great idea to try curing weed in the oven, low and slow is the rule gotta develop those terps smoothly

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 90s there was an older Chris Craft cabin cruiser for sale in the Monterey yacht harbor. I got interested in it and talked to the Harbor master about it. He told me the deceased owner was a notorious pot smuggler and with the coast guards zero tolerance policy the chances that it could be confiscated because of hidden stashes being discovered made it just not worth the investment

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now, when they go to sell, the are legally obligated to disclose the premises were used to process illegal drugs.
Not if they don't tell their listing agent. Sellers have no disclosure obligations in NC. You can just run down the sheet and check "no representation" to everything.

Agents have an obligation to disclose.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was joking, Francis.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys ever get into planting trees but then start overthinking everything? It's like a jigsaw puzzle all the ways a tree should NOT be placed. We have two acres with a lot of trees already, so there's:

1. Not enough light from other tree cover
  2. Would encroach on other trees' root systems
  3. Too near the septic mound
  4. Too wet an area
  5. Not close enough to pairing fruit tree

Ahhh!

you're doing it exactly right tho

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My sister and her husband almost burned down their cottage a few years ago. They hadn’t visited it in a few months and some squirrels somehow got into the kitchen and found a way to get into the broiler. They put a bunch of acorns and seeds inside and my sister turned the it on without checking and stepped away only to smell them burning a minute or two later and see smoke pouring out of the bottom of the oven.

I've seen bears grazing for roasted acorns after a forest fire, maybe the squirrels were just toasting their nuts.

Most of the time when I see new construction in my neighborhood, it's fenced off with security cameras/alarms.
It's the only way to keep out the weed dryers.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I know. I just think that law is super fucked up. It's way too seller friendly of a state.
GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION BAAAAADDDDDDDDDD

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads