• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ceiling is tough to get your head around but it can work.

Go with one or two steps up in gloss on the baseboards, trim and FP surround.

lefty

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You've definitely turned me against white trim with blue walls though. It's very Martha Stewart Living.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Our bedroom is painted dark gray, walls, ceiling, and trim. The effect for me is that the walls and ceiling recede into the background, making the space seem not exactly large but less small. I recommend you try it. The worst outcome is you end up repainting the ceiling.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few pages back someone asked about kardiel (sorry, WAY too lazy to search for it)

I just recently bought the Protractor Jr Desk for my office. Some quick observations

1) The product is GREAT. Good design, high quality
2) Customer service out of this world! The day after I ordered, there was a sale, I reached out to have a price adjustment, no worries, done in like 12 hours,
3) Return policy is tough, be sure you know what you want
4) I had some slight scratching on the desk drawer, I reached out, they gave me 2 options (Aside from a full exchange which I didn't want) 10% and a wood repair kit, or a new desk drawer (18-20 weeks for delivery) they were helpful, fast, clear and pretty easy to talk to
5) The shipping service is okay. not the fastest all in all.

I would buy again!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our bedroom is painted dark gray, walls, ceiling, and trim. The effect for me is that the walls and ceiling recede into the background, making the space seem not exactly large but less small. I recommend you try it. The worst outcome is you end up repainting the ceiling.
How high is the ceiling? My concern is we have standard 8 foot ceilings. Worried about it feeling closed in.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few pages back someone asked about kardiel (sorry, WAY too lazy to search for it)

I just recently bought the Protractor Jr Desk for my office. Some quick observations

2) Customer service out of this world! The day after I ordered, there was a sale, I reached out to have a price adjustment, no worries, done in like 12 hours,
4) I had some slight scratching on the desk drawer, I reached out, they gave me 2 options (Aside from a full exchange which I didn't want) 10% and a wood repair kit, or a new desk drawer (18-20 weeks for delivery) they were helpful, fast, clear and pretty easy to talk to

I would buy again!

that was me. Was looking at a u-shaped double chaise sectional for the basement rec area from them. Very good to know.

thank you!

brokencycle

Reaction score

I would buy again!

Good feedback. I love the protractor desk, and I was longingly looking at it for a long time (the original is like 8ft long & $20k on Hive Modern).

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would buy again!
Looks like a nice desk! Which company did you buy from?

Edit: NM, I see it was Kardiel.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice desk! Which company did you buy from?

Edit: NM, I see it was Kardiel.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Friend is possibly about to lose a house because he only has 2 credit cards (wife has more) even though they both have perfect credit and more assets than the total loan value...lender unlikely to be flexible because rates have jumped up and they are probably happy to drop the loan.

I...did not know that was something I had to worry about with Jumbo loans. Now I'm worried if I end up looking to buy this summer. I have 3 credit cards and some student loans that are about to restart repayment, but my wife only has 2 cards and no loans.

One random website lists two lenders' requirements:
• Minimum of 3 open tradelines with minimum of 12 month history for EACH borrower.
• Authorized user accounts cannot be used to meet minimum tradeline requirement.
• Credit depth must be a minimum of 2 years.
• All 3 tradelines must have had current activity.

Or another’s:

• Minimum 3 tradelines open and active for at least 24 months.
• At least one of the three tradelines must be a mortgage or installment loan.
• Remaining tradelines must be rated for 12 months.

First one is probably fine...I guess I'd have to apply for the loan myself but that's not really an issue as my wife has no income right now.

Second one seems real hard to meet for a first time buyer in a big city. 24 months of age on each active account means it would take you 2 years from today to add a line.
One of those needs to be an installment loan? Well I guess I'm making minimum payments on my remaining student loan for as long as I can...because I don't have a car loan and obviously don't have a mortgage.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend is possibly about to lose a house because he only has 2 credit cards (wife has more) even though they both have perfect credit and more assets than the total loan value...lender unlikely to be flexible because rates have jumped up and they are probably happy to drop the loan.

I...did not know that was something I had to worry about with Jumbo loans. Now I'm worried if I end up looking to buy this summer. I have 3 credit cards and some student loans that are about to restart repayment, but my wife only has 2 cards and no loans.

One random website lists two lenders' requirements:

First one is probably fine...I guess I'd have to apply for the loan myself but that's not really an issue as my wife has no income right now.

Second one seems real hard to meet for a first time buyer in a big city. 24 months of age on each active account means it would take you 2 years from today to add a line.
One of those needs to be an installment loan? Well I guess I'm making minimum payments on my remaining student loan for as long as I can...because I don't have a car loan and obviously don't have a mortgage.
So interessting fact, there are companies that sell tradelines for just this predicament. Without advertising for the one that I have tradelines listed in, it is a very interesting field and set up in all honesty. He might conider that. Incest you add an aged tradelines, you have the entire history of that tradelines added to your credit report is my understanding!

Reactions: otc

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've read about that, some side hustle the FIRE crowd likes. Basically you let people put their name on your credit card lines through an intermediary.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read about that, some side hustle the FIRE crowd likes. Basically you let people put their name on your credit card lines through an intermediary.
That is exactly what I do!

I also found it through the fire crowd

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads