• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these are actually fun. Most are not in my wheelhouse, although I appreciate the disconnect and celery ones.

The Design thread hath infiltrated the Home thread!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of path? I'm in the middle of this now, and my current annoyance is that gravel has just about tripled in price in LA in the last few years.

odd natural pavers over river gravel, in grade

in southern california my preference would be decomposed granite

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drive out to Irwindale and dig your own

my neighbor goes out with his airstream on rock collecting sorties they end up in his yard, he washes them annually etc. i could point to one and he'd tell me where he picked it. when he had his stoop redone he told the guy i want it to look like a rock lol

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We got a bunch of paint samples from Sampleize. They’re really helpful.

My dilemma right now is whether to go with the brighter, more fun blue for the dining “room” walls or the darker, more elegant blue.

I’m leaning towards the fun one but I feel like the elegant one is the safer choice.

BM California Blue

1614730674387.jpeg

vs. SW loyal blue

1614730737800.jpeg

(Both these look darker on my wall)

Going with super white on the rest of the walls, trim, and ceiling

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good way to get crayon/marker (non-permanent) out of rough-textured wall paint?

the magic erasers work well on most surfaces, but the rough paint stymies them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Are broken arms a ploy?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good way to get crayon/marker (non-permanent) out of rough-textured wall paint?

the magic erasers work well on most surfaces, but the rough paint stymies them.
Try a nail brush? Something with bristles?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did this in a blue room and regretted it every day. Paint it all blue.

lefty
Feels like it's too big of a room for that much color. It's my living room + dining room. 485 sqft

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We looked at a house that painted a whole room a deep turquoise. While the color was nice, the paint job was **** as were other areas in the house. The kitchen cabinets looked like they were painted white with the cheapest brush around as there were bristles and visible streaks from 8-10ft away.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay now you have me seriously considering this. Don't know if I can paint the ceiling blue though. Feels like it would be extremely dark. (Everything looks good with professional photo lighting.) I hate the baseboards so painting them the same color as the walls would help hide them.

1614811458869.png

1614811606714.png

I'd paint the fireplace surround, too, because of the awful neoclassical dentil mantle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads