• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the **** does this even happen?? It started out lined up so nicely...
Exactly. That's why it's so brilliant. It just sucks you in...
giphy2.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bad news everyone...

someone is moving into the old rental, and it's no longer listed for rent.

odds of a small claims are going down by the day

I got a good laugh when I saw she replaced the mailbox. Probably the only thing she fixed.

In case you missed what the mailbox looked like:

This is just a ****** way to start off March!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or buy new and plan to replace the crappy finishes and repair the shoddy work.

Either way you lose.

My mom bought a place while it was under construction; she had to completely rebuild her roof within a few years. The crappy work led to a series of lawsuits involving the HOA, the developer and their insurance company.

Next door neighbors paid $1.3 million for their new-build house 4 or 5 years ago. Since then, they’ve replaced the roof, rebuilt the drainage system because their backyard was flooding and backing up into their basement, replaced their concrete driveway that crumbled after two winters, and replaced their sh!tty windows. And this is just the work that I could see from outside. When the house hit the market, my wife and I went to check it out at an open house to see what $1 million gets you in our neighborhood and, while I am no architect or designer or builder, everything just looked and felt cheap and crappy.

Most of the homes in our neighborhood are ranches and split levels from the ‘50s and ‘60s and now they almost all get torn down for a much bigger new-build when they hit the market. There are about 3 or 4 builders who seem to buy most of them up to build on spec and the builder who built the one next door does the absolute worst work (we’ve toured a few of their houses, they’re all similarly crappy). Crap

TheKing even left his scepter next to the thrown!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attn: Anyone who thinks this is a bubble just like 2008 and the housing market is going crash.

the dollar.

bill gates has been hoarding farmland and transitional acreage.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Next door neighbors paid $1.3 million for their new-build house 4 or 5 years ago. Since then, they’ve replaced the roof, rebuilt the drainage system because their backyard was flooding and backing up into their basement, replaced their concrete driveway that crumbled after two winters, and replaced their sh!tty windows. And this is just the work that I could see from outside. When the house hit the market, my wife and I went to check it out at an open house to see what $1 million gets you in our neighborhood and, while I am no architect or designer or builder, everything just looked and felt cheap and crappy.

Most of the homes in our neighborhood are ranches and split levels from the ‘50s and ‘60s and now they almost all get torn down for a much bigger new-build when they hit the market. There are about 3 or 4 builders who seem to buy most of them up to build on spec and the builder who built the one next door does the absolute worst work (we’ve toured a few of their houses, they’re all similarly crappy). Crap
Even new builds have major problems. A friend of mine who bought new says, "every house is a fixer-upper."

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheKing even left his scepter next to the thrown!
Speaking of expensive New construction gremlins...I bet this one will have a few... The exposed particle board monster on my walk has been sloooooowly going up for 2+ years now, 1+ years w/o shingles on roof or windows. Faded and ripped Tyvek flapping in the wind.

Looks like they are just now starting the facade.

Does weathering toughen it up, make it stronger from the workout?
20210228_164949.jpg
20210228_170111.jpg
20210228_164754.jpg
20210228_165945.jpg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of expensive New construction gremlins...I bet this one will have a few... The exposed particle board monster on my walk has been sloooooowly going up for 2+ years now, 1+ years w/o shingles on roof or windows. Faded and ripped Tyvek flapping in the wind.

Looks like they are just now starting the facade.

Does weathering toughen it up, make it stronger from the workout? View attachment 1565387 View attachment 1565388 View attachment 1565391 View attachment 1565392
'patina'

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New window set arrived.. now to wait impatiently for install.
20210227_152340.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads