• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was. I transitioned to being a full-time cuck about 15 years ago.
15 years?? That's a lot of creampies to eat man....
What sound system?

Also -1 for Paw Patrol.
If you want to come and explain to my 2 year old that paw patrol sucks, feel free to drop by. I have tried to explain this numerous times, but he zones out in my lectures.
This thread should have article tags at the top to let us know when people are talking about other members wives' money and/or sexual activity with men not the member.
Assume we are always talking about that. Then, when we aren't, it is a pleasant surprise!

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God I need to have that done.

Weird news of the day. We had a 2 minute snowflurry in the Pasadena foothills today. Extremely rare.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did a mid winter gutter scour as well, starting to get teh swing of 4-season maintenance

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of gutters, the previous owners of my house decided that instead of fixing/repairing/maintaining the original GALVANIZED gutters, they would just let them rot! So most of my gutters have large rusted holes in them (some the size of silver dollars) and I have to redo all if the gutters in the spring. ******* cunts. I really do hate these people

Only plus to this is it is a lowpitch roof and that isn't that much of it.

Met one of the neighbors the other day, nice woman, seems thrilled about having a young kid near by, already offering to babysit etc as ee get to know her and her husband. Then she said that the previous owners of this house were her best friends for years. Makes me question her judgement a bit, not sure if I should tell her the previous owners were scum as homeowners

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
48 inch LG CX
I'm coming up on 13 years with my 42" sony. It's still going strong despite occasional temporary loss of sound on some of the HDMI outlets. At some point later this year (around some holiday sale bonanza I guess), I will shop for a thinner one I can have mounted or just takes up less space. I hope to stay below 50" if possible as I really do not care for my TV to dominate my living room.

Good call on having ceilings professionally done. Painting ceilings sucks.

My condo came with popcorn ceilings which is obnoxious not to have removed them given the thorough renovating the previous owner did. I have looked at some Youtube videos and it does not seem all that difficult to strip (although messy) so I am at a loss as to why they did not bother. So that's something for my to-do list in the next year or so.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 13 years with my 42" sony. It's still going strong despite occasional temporary loss of sound on some of the HDMI outlets. At some point later this year (around some holiday sale bonanza I guess), I will shop for a thinner one I can have mounted or just takes up less space. I hope to stay below 50" if possible as I really do not care for my TV to dominate my living room.

Funny you mention it - I used the CX 48 to replace a 42 inch panasonic plasma in my bedroom which was/is still fine. It was the first TV i bought when I got my own NYC apartment around 14 years ago. I honestly never thought LEDs were as good as that plasma, but OLED blows them both away.

Was thinking about another spot for the old clunker and still might put it somewhere but I also don’t like a TV in every room.

Not sure how small you want to go, but i think the 2021 LG oled lineup will have a 43 as well.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I love the grey tell if I'm honest. I'd have to see more pictures probably with more natural light on the wall color. I think that was on our list of curtains, but we ended up going lighter.
PXL_20210126_152837668.jpg

brokencycle

Reaction score
I like the wall color, but not the trim. In that picture the trim even reads pink to me.

But if you love it, I'm happy for you.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the wall color, but not the trim. In that picture the trim even reads pink to me.

But if you love it, I'm happy for you.
Fair enough, not sure what is going on with the color. This is my last try, with my work light, so who knows.

Either way, I person it is nice. Eventually, we are redoing he hardwood as well. Looks like it has t been touched in about 30+ years
PXL_20210126_154505815.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads