• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We have a great fridge in our garage that is fridge only and designed to be placed in a location such as a garage. Looks great and has a foot bar on the bottom so you can open the door if your hands are full. Makes our nice looking, armoire style GE in the kitchen bearable.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We have a great fridge in our garage that is fridge only and designed to be placed in a location such as a garage. Looks great and has a foot bar on the bottom so you can open the door if your hands are full. Makes our nice looking, armoire style GE in the kitchen bearable.
And you didn’t think that the brand/model would be a useful addition to this post?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
And you didn’t think that the brand/model would be a useful addition to this post?

My bad. Here's what we have:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. I hate the diamond-plate aesthetic of the Gladiator stuff, but it otherwise seems like a well considered set of features.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, it is made to go in one's garage, so I figure they thought it would fit in. Either way it's in my garage so I only look at it when I pull in/out (TWSS!) or actually access it. Three years now out there and works fine in all weather extremes. Highly recommend.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pull in/out (TWSS!)
Dude, we all know you don't pull out. it is okay.

So Bosch Dishwashers. This is slightly more complicated than I thought. I want an 800 Series, but there seem to be multiple model numbers and I don't know the difference between them.

Lowes has a 40 AND a 42 Decibel 800 series (1399 and 1199 respectfully) and I can't figure out if there is a difference? I can also find other 800 series with slightly different model numbers from other places from anywhere from 999-1399 and I don't really know what the difference is. They all seem to have the same features, and they all seem to be 800 series...

Any guidance?
Thanks!

brokencycle

Reaction score
Dude, we all know you don't pull out. it is okay.

So Bosch Dishwashers. This is slightly more complicated than I thought. I want an 800 Series, but there seem to be multiple model numbers and I don't know the difference between them.

Lowes has a 40 AND a 42 Decibel 800 series (1399 and 1199 respectfully) and I can't figure out if there is a difference? I can also find other 800 series with slightly different model numbers from other places from anywhere from 999-1399 and I don't really know what the difference is. They all seem to have the same features, and they all seem to be 800 series...

Any guidance?
Thanks!

Look up the model numbers in the brochure. Technical details by model start on page 21. Page 25 has the numbering convention.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was shopping for a Bosch dishwasher, there were also subtle model number variations between the one that had a bar handle and the one that had a recessed handle.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From your post it seems the difference is with the decibel levels.

This is the hard hitting analysis I come to expect and love from style forum

Look up the model numbers in the brochure. Technical details by model start on page 21. Page 25 has the numbering convention.

Thanks!

When I was shopping for a Bosch dishwasher, there were also subtle model number variations between the one that had a bar handle and the one that had a recessed handle.

That was my first guess, but there are recessed and bar handles of both options gotta be something other than the decibles I assume

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You're also letting all of the cold air out while you're standing there with the doors open. Nutty
We have this style of dispenser, and that’s really my only complaint with it. Well that and it always dribbles a couple of drops into the fridge when you stop so you have to wait a moment.

TBH I’ve got an enlarged prostate so that’s nothing new.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. I'm loving the Bosch 800 that came with this house. It's the only dishwasher I've ever used where you actually don't have to pre-rinse. It's a world of difference compared to the base model Whirlpool in the rental. That thing couldn't even get butter off of knives.

2. As I attempt to fix little annoyances in the house, I'm coming to the realization that if something looks out-of-place, there's probably a hidden reason for it. Today's example: There was a painted over wall plate in the one bathroom that hasn't been remodeled. Every other outlet/switch had new wall plates except this one. Turns out the screw was completely rusted out and frozen. (It wasn't a big deal. Just had to break the plate.)

sftiger

Reaction score
1. I'm loving the Bosch 800 that came with this house. It's the only dishwasher I've ever used where you actually don't have to pre-rinse. It's a world of difference compared to the base model Whirlpool in the rental. That thing couldn't even get butter off of knives.

Even with my Thermador (which I guess is really a Bosch?) I will never not pre-rinse. Pre-rinsing dishes and using two spaces after a period are two things for which I refuse to listen to any evidence that contradicts my own personal beliefs, and two things I will never stop doing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads