• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Then I countersue for rent abatement back to February (due to the fact that we couldn't turn the lights on in more than 1 bedroom at a time because of electrical issues), the costs of the repairs I made (law is clear that tenants must be compensated at fair market value for repairs), and for my full security deposit returned (she didn't comply with notification requirements, and the penalty for that is not being allowed to keep any of the security deposit even for valid reasons). That's about $6-7k worth of damages on my end. ?‍♂️

I also claim that she's ginning up damages in retaliation for us making valid repair requests, and that we were harassed every time we made a repair request. I have plenty of written evidence of that, and I have photo/video documentation of the condition of the house when we moved out.

See bullet #2:

View attachment 1537008

Yes, make claims and where does it end up? Small claims court!

16ra8l.jpg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, make claims and where does it end up? Small claims court!

16ra8l.jpg

Plus, you get your credit fucked as a bonus. And since the landlord is a small entity, the requirements for addressing disputes arent the same or as rigorous as it would be with a large company or bank, so you get to enjoy hours and hours of unfucking, but only if you win the dispute. Which he probably wont...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been doing my best to make it more trouble than it's worth.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and your land lady need to get a room... All this foreplay is making me chafe. .

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apropos of nothing ... If your landlord is ******, you deal with the specific ****** situations when you are still the tenant. There’s nothing to do after you accept the situations and subsequently leave. If you leave your rental a couple months early to buy a place, you either work out a deal with the landlord or eat the cost of the rent. Everybody who goes from rent to own deals with this ****. And when it’s like, I don’t know, let’s say ... $2,500, you just consider that a small price of moving. It ain’t complicated.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wrote a contract amendment in the memo section of a rent cheque smh

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you decide to take that on and have any questions pm me. Always glad to help . One of the options you might have is to cut the pipe on both ends of the assembly, repair it on the bench and re install it with no-hub couplings. If it were me that’s what I would do
That's what the plumber did when we encountered a similar situation here,

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally sat down and had a proper stab at figuring out our actual non-discretionary spending. The baseline is really quite ugly. One small ray of light was that to date the house has appreciated by $75K more per year than our total cost of ownership. Yes I know that can change at any point.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally sat down and had a proper stab at figuring out our actual non-discretionary spending. The baseline is really quite ugly. One small ray of light was that to date the house has appreciated by $75K more per year than our total cost of ownership. Yes I know that can change at any point.
Hm. I just looked at my non discretionary spending, and I am willing to bet my yearly total is nearer your monthly total

Although, in the 3 weeks of owning this home we have put 45k into it. And we are co servatively....no where near done. **** me

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took the plunge into Lutron Caseta. I needed an LED compatible dimmer, plus I didn't have 3-way switches in some places where I wanted them, so it seemed worth the expense. I'd rather use those little remotes than fish wire for 3-way switches.

Installation and setup was incredibly easy. The only hangup was getting HomeKit to recognize the bridge.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
She's been out of work for a couple of weeks, and look at this ****. She needs to find a job! ;)

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Completed my first big boy electrical job. I removed the wires and 40 amp breaker for the non-existent hot tub to free up space in the panel, then I ran 20 amp dedicated circuits to the sump pump (easy) and crawlspace dehumidifier (pain **********). Didn't burn the house down (yet). Didn't even trip a breaker.

Next project is adding lights to the attic since the only light is blocked by some flex duct they added, plus an outlet for an HDTV antenna amplifier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads