• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I think one of my dimmers blew out (less than a year old). I found the breaker tripped, and when I reset it, one of the dimmers stopped dimming (all others still work fine).

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She just going to pretend you’re still on lease?
She is going to pretend he is still on lease, he is going to pretend he is off lease. It is truly a tale as old as time

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we have the house in pretty good shape after the last 3 weeks of seemingly endless shipments. In the spring we will look to landscape lighting and changing a few things outside but pretty excited to be at this place in home ownership. The last house had a solid $100K worth of **** to do on the inside and I don’t think I was ever going to be happy with the outside.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we have the house in pretty good shape after the last 3 weeks of seemingly endless shipments. In the spring we will look to landscape lighting and changing a few things outside but pretty excited to be at this place in home ownership. The last house had a solid $100K worth of **** to do on the inside and I don’t think I was ever going to be happy with the outside.
Sometimes the houses with 100k are the best houses to own (or atleast I keep telling myself as I look at our ever I creasing list of **** to do)

Also, landscape lighting is key. If you plan on doing it yourself, I HIGHLY recommend volt lighting. Great product, great service, very fair prices it seems!

In addition, so far, I would recommend bath planet to people. It is a vinyl bathtub liner system where they remove the old stuff. And then put vinyl in everywhere. The fixtures are all commercial grade kohler, delta, moen etc, the work is well above average, and the end result is pretty good all in all. I will take some pictures in the near future and share. It is on par with actual tile( I think our bill was like 22k for two bathrooms, but we also had them do other work like remove soffits and some electrical which added to the cost and I could have done but just didn't)

If you are lookinf at remodeling bathrooms, give them a look at the flcery least. You might be surprised. Plus, it is pretty quick. Both bathrooms will be completed by one guy in 1 week total. Plus, ours was complicated pull out, more straight forward jobs are simpler and take less time!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you'd weigh in. I visualized the leak at the connection at the top of the P trap, so its probably a thread leak?
Yeah could be but the best course is to actually confirm the leak location if at all possible. I usually try to repeat the condition where it leaks and get in there with a rag, an inspection mirror and a good flashlight. If that assembly is Durham it’d be a drag to tear that apart and reassemble it just to find out it was running down from something above

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no it's definitely at the top of the p-trap. I can see water spurting up from that connection.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Except she crossed out the memo where I wrote "cancellation of lease effective Dec 31 2020" and wrote in "January rent," and then wrote "do not accept lease cancellation" on the reverse under her endorsement.

That just made me laugh. I purposely sent her $100 more than the monthly rent so it was clear it wasn't a rent payment, so I'm curious if she'll send me a $100 refund.

This has "small claims court" all over it.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no it's definitely at the top of the p-trap. I can see water spurting up from that connection.
If you decide to take that on and have any questions pm me. Always glad to help . One of the options you might have is to cut the pipe on both ends of the assembly, repair it on the bench and re install it with no-hub couplings. If it were me that’s what I would do

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has "small claims court" all over it.
I mean, if she gets a new tenant to move in before March 1 she has no damages, unless she wants to pretend we wrecked the place.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I mean, if she gets a new tenant to move in before March 1 she has no damages, unless she wants to pretend we wrecked the place.

Cost of cleaning the place, cost of obtaining a new tenant...there's damages to be had.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the houses with 100k are the best houses to own (or atleast I keep telling myself as I look at our ever I creasing list of **** to do)

Also, landscape lighting is key. If you plan on doing it yourself, I HIGHLY recommend volt lighting. Great product, great service, very fair prices it seems!

In addition, so far, I would recommend bath planet to people. It is a vinyl bathtub liner system where they remove the old stuff. And then put vinyl in everywhere. The fixtures are all commercial grade kohler, delta, moen etc, the work is well above average, and the end result is pretty good all in all. I will take some pictures in the near future and share. It is on par with actual tile( I think our bill was like 22k for two bathrooms, but we also had them do other work like remove soffits and some electrical which added to the cost and I could have done but just didn't)

If you are lookinf at remodeling bathrooms, give them a look at the flcery least. You might be surprised. Plus, it is pretty quick. Both bathrooms will be completed by one guy in 1 week total. Plus, ours was complicated pull out, more straight forward jobs are simpler and take less time!

+1 on volt lighting.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cost of cleaning the place, cost of obtaining a new tenant...there's damages to be had.
Then I countersue for rent abatement back to February (due to the fact that we couldn't turn the lights on in more than 1 bedroom at a time because of electrical issues), the costs of the repairs I made (law is clear that tenants must be compensated at fair market value for repairs), and for my full security deposit returned (she didn't comply with notification requirements, and the penalty for that is not being allowed to keep any of the security deposit even for valid reasons). That's about $6-7k worth of damages on my end. ?‍♂️

I also claim that she's ginning up damages in retaliation for us making valid repair requests, and that we were harassed every time we made a repair request. I have plenty of written evidence of that, and I have photo/video documentation of the condition of the house when we moved out.

See bullet #2:

1610831630633.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics