• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised my kids with a strand of color lights to mix in with the boring white my wife likes.

Also came home yesterday to the dead tree in our yard shedding a few big branches. Got someone out to cut it down today as well as another one in the back chokes out by a huge poison Ivy vine. Was not expecting to plunk down this sort of cash while staring down potential joblessness but better than the dead tree falling on the neighbors house.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have a trusted window LED Christmas tree (or in the same spirit) light to recommend? I have a window that faces the street. I'm considering doing something small and hang one against the window, in front of the curtains. If it can work with a smartplug even better but not a deal breaker.

Some neighbors have lights up already, I just want something modest for now.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under counter lighting wiring ftw! One side done; other side is another day

it’s independent from the ceiling light right now and just a plug in. Probably going to get a smart plug for it

22BC72E8-7F44-4844-B48F-69DA58B7F5EF.jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under counter lighting wiring ftw! One side done; other side is another day

it’s independent from the ceiling light right now and just a plug in. Probably going to get a smart plug for it

View attachment 1506575
What system did you go with?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couldn't sleep last night, so I watched like 4 hours of YouTube home improvement videos. Ready to gut my potential future house to the studs the second the deed is recorded.

Also have noted that many DIYers could benefit from a professional designer, even if they do all the work themselves.

Also: How come so many of these people are in Canada?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Keep seeing new posts and hoping it's Van Veen with another update - 'the current owner would also like to take the front door as a keepsake'

At least once a year my wife reminds me that the kitchen faucet is not staying with the house when we sell.

The last house had an alcove in the upstairs wall for a phone and phone book. Was the perfect place to collect things you needed to take downstairs but in reality in collect all of the cups and glasses the kids and wife would bring upstairs.

We have one of those at the top of our entry stairs, I've tried to use it to display a small piece of art but inevitably it's taken over by crap I'm saving to take down to the garage "one of these days".

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's how i felt after my first house. Gutted one room and cursed myself for the next two weeks as I put it back. Never again.

Lol that was me years ago trying to do bathroom tiling. I finished a subpar job and getting Bath Fitter to re-do everything for me but I'll always remember the first smack of the hammer against the old tile,

"I regret doing this."

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought furniture from Wayfair? Looking for a couch but never ordered anything this big online.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Has anyone bought furniture from Wayfair? Looking for a couch but never ordered anything this big online.

Have coworkers that have. They're happy with it. Stuff isn't styleforum approved in terms of style or quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads