• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to sign papers tomorrow. Great news, right? Well, today I took some folks over to check it out and I wanted to check on a leak that was discovered late in the game and which was being repaired.

******* rot, ****** subfloor, big ass hole in the floor, mold under and into the wall.

A couple grand at best, more likely 5-10k. All contingencies released. I can still back out, but it will cost me more to cancel that it will to fix it.

Welcome to homeownership, I guess.

If you need some bespoke wood furniture, I'm your man. An before/after example of some of my best work

4316c65abd8e95e504893e4daf.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's interesting to see what plants volunteer in the yard i dug out a little poison oak this evening

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our new place is on 1.1 acres and we can see ours neighbors but they are 30-40yds away. The new place has been pretty good and the plumbing problems I thought would be a hassle were all minor with the right plumber. I really hate the refrigerator this place came with so debating on ordering a new one. The next big hurdle is asking the neighbors if we can connect to their fence so we have shiny new fence connecting to their old and fading fence. Should go over well.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have an ego power 650 battery leaf blower. I use it for blowing off the deck and patio etc. I LOVE IT. it I really impressive power, I don't think you would be disappointed. I don't think it would eb great for whole yard maint., But I do have .75 acres
That's the one I'm looking at. Will definitely kop if it goes on sale for Black Friday.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
you could do ********** murals with this level fo talent
A friend of mine met his husband at (through?) a **********. They were even in a documentary about couples who met that way.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting a battery leaf blower for this fall. I've been consistently putting out 4 35 gallon trash cans of yard waste a week since the spring and it's barely making a dent. Would be nice to just blow everything in the street and let the city's Mega Maid suck it all up.

I have the milwaukee. Its great. Probably 90% as powerful as gas.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the milwaukee. Its great. Probably 90% as powerful as gas.
I was considering going with a tool brand (prob. DeWalt) to have one battery system for everything, but the Ego stuff (especially lawn mowers) generally is at or near the top of ratings for outdoor tools.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was considering going with a tool brand (prob. DeWalt) to have one battery system for everything, but the Ego stuff (especially lawn mowers) generally is at or near the top of ratings for outdoor tools.

this is what i did. All my tools are milwaukee. I added the string trimmer, blower, and hedge trimmer. In the spring milwaukee usually runs a special where if you buy one of their other outdoor tools ylu get the blower for free.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one battery system **** is bullshit. Also, **** you Ryobi. I bought a ******* jigsaw, got home, opened it to use and couldn't do a ******* thing with it. Their ******* tools don't come with goddamn batteries. Imagine buying a cellphone and not being able to use it unless you buy separate power source? How the **** you gonna sell power tools without any ******* power. Assholes.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s usually marked “ tool only”” tool.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That one battery system **** is bullshit. Also, **** you Ryobi. I bought a ******* jigsaw, got home, opened it to use and couldn't do a ******* thing with it. Their ******* tools don't come with goddamn batteries. Imagine buying a cellphone and not being able to use it unless you buy separate power source? How the **** you gonna sell power tools without any ******* power. Assholes.
First of all, why are you buying Ryobi tools? Second, maybe you should pick up a copy of English For Bears so you can read what the box says.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads