• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are brazen in certain parts of the country about coming into other people's yards. Every Christmas its 50/50 how many of my persimmons get stolen. And thats living on the top of a hill, on a cul de sac, with the tree behind a gate.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People are brazen in certain parts of the country about coming into other people's yards. Every Christmas its 50/50 how many of my persimmons get stolen. And thats living on the top of a hill, on a cul de sac, with the tree behind a gate.
We are on a private dead end road and behind an electric gate. He was 1000' into the property.
Did you call the police? Or at least brandish the garden hose soaking the miscreant?
His keys were on his dash, and I took them into the house. He had to face me. We had a long talk. He's done work for us before and agreed to come back at no cost for a half day's work. I'll pay him for the 2nd half. I need blackberries removed. It's not easy work.

Had he signed the release all would have been well and we'd have let him have the greens.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd be worried about someone like that knowing his way around my property. How do you rationalize going on your emplpoyer's property after they told you not to?

Reactions: RSS

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Costco was having a sale (ends today) and I picked up a power washer last night. When I showed my uncle my home last year and he saw the fence at the front yard, he recommended me to power wash and seal up the wood for longevity. So, hoping to get that done before winter this year. Also, power washing my car (picked up a soap dispenser too). Might try to kick some weeds on the concrete and the brick and mortar on the sidewalk.

Also, picked up some Snow Peak shelf containers on sale, so pretty excited about those.

1600460472884.png

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing more satisfying to me than power washing. I’m not sure I’m engaging in hyperbole either.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Power washed a lot of our outdoor furniture and about 1k sq feet of the travertine. Very satisfying, particularly later that evening, with feet up and a manhattan in hand.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Costco was having a sale (ends today) and I picked up a power washer last night. When I showed my uncle my home last year and he saw the fence at the front yard, he recommended me to power wash and seal up the wood for longevity. So, hoping to get that done before winter this year. Also, power washing my car (picked up a soap dispenser too). Might try to kick some weeds on the concrete and the brick and mortar on the sidewalk.

Also, picked up some Snow Peak shelf containers on sale, so pretty excited about those.

View attachment 1461135
Not sure I would power wash the car...but that is just me.

I will agree that power washing is among the top 3 most satisfying things I do in a year

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Few years ago had a guy who stole a good amount of our roses from the front yard because he wanted something for his girlfriend. We caught him, he was not remorseful. Woke up to dead grass the next week (oil/gasoline poured on it)

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fun times in the house tonight.
RIP
0A24252A-1A08-4C4A-AF14-05B869877487.jpeg
Pretty sure all the dishwashers are gone. Luckily a local store had one and felt bad because I had called to reserve one and pick it up only to find out the woman I talked to never wrote anything down.
New
916D1B14-F78D-4E1C-96C0-3DD957916488.jpeg
Have to wait until the stores open up to finish. Wanted to see if I could reuse any of the hoses. The water stains and moisture told me I’d better get new hoses/fittings.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the things I liked about installing our new dishwasher (Miele) was that all the connections (power, water in, waste out) were all factory attached to the DW, so all I had to do was hook them up under the sink. I remember sweating bullets the first couple of cycles after installing the DW at my last place because, IIRC, it was awkward AF to make the connections to the DW and it's not as easy to monitor for leaks under the unit itself as it is under the sink.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah its one elbow and a new supply line. Shouldn’t be too bad.

I almost got a Miele until the other salesman said they were all reserved for delivery tomorrow and Monday. This is just a temporary stop gap until the kitchen remodel in a year or so.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miele pisses all over Bosch. You'll just have to live with the knowledge that your kitchen is inferior.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of remodels, my ******* vent hood finally came in last week and I installed it over the weekend. I guess now I have no excuse to not finish up the last 1% of trim work to do now ...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Bosch dishwashers are great until some rinky-dink piece of plastic breaks somewhere deep inside.

Reactions: RSS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads