• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For years I've been hearing buying in the 'burbs, let alone the ex-burbs, was dumb as property values will fall due to folks wanting into high density urban centers. Seems like a significant amount of productive hours will now be WFH and the value of our burbies is safe for another generation.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For years I've been hearing buying in the 'burbs, let alone the ex-burbs, was dumb as property values will fall due to folks wanting into high density urban centers. Seems like a significant amount of productive hours will now be WFH and the value of our burbies is safe for another generation.
People of quality will always require a ramada with fire pit.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I figure a 10% premium for the American brand fireglass.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are moving for schools which also coincided with COVID. Had a good first weekend but no offers. Had a FaceTime showing and that person is coming back for an in-person next week if the house is still available.

A fire pit would be nice but not required.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Firepit is highly relaxing and great to gather round and sip cocktails with folks after dinner but the ramada/outdoor kitchen with bar is beyond awesome. So nice that rain doesn't interfere with my cooking out there too.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

brokencycle

Reaction score
FYI.

The New York Residential Agent Continuum also recommended that its members rethink the phrase, along with replacing other terms like “shared” for “His and Hers” bathrooms and “non-elevator” for “walk-up” building.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's happening in programming (and associated domains) too. No more "master and slave."

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My rule for comps: 1) number of bedrooms/fb/hb, total sqft, year built, land size 2) everything else except $/sqft which I never find useful.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF bros I need some urgent advice for a unique house. We are currently house shopping, and my wife had the opportunity to tour a Modernist style house yesterday. The house incorporates a fair amount of glass, which gives me some pause. It's part of an estate sale, and will be sold this Tuesday or Wednesday. It's being offered as is, but appears to be pretty well maintained with at least one major renovation since the 2000s. Does this sound like a money pit/headache or opportunity? Future upgrades will be contracted, I do not trust myself to become all HGTV.

As a data point for how crazy the NYC suburb market is right now, we overbid by a substantial sum and still missed out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads