• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We live in the city (a neighborhood of SFH, but not near a green belt or anything) and both my mother and my mother in law have deer in their yards all the time. Last week my MIL had a huge 8 point buck devouring her hostas.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Our neighbor across the street is getting rabies shots after being bitten by a raccoon which was ******* with her tiny dog. I'm not sure if this is an argument against raccoons, back yards, tiny dogs, or all of the above.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our neighbor across the street is getting rabies shots after being bitten by a raccoon which was ******* with her tiny dog. I'm not sure if this is an argument against raccoons, back yards, tiny dogs, or all of the above.
I had to read this twice because the first time I missed the word "with" and I was taken quite aback.

Rabies shots are intense as hell from what I have heard I hope they are okay.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The contractor started Monday doing demo on our Master bathroom. We had to wait many months to start as our counters came from Italy (a 3 month wait) arriving just before the Covid shut-down and then the warehouse holding them was shut down for 3 months and just reopened. Fortunately, our decorators have worked with this contractor for 12 years. His crew will be rotating 7 days a week from 7AM -6PM . So, even though we had to wait a very long time to get started, these guys will have three bathrooms done in just 3 weeks. This is especially nice since we are living in our home during the remodel. The layout of our home is such that they can complete half of the work isolated from us at opposite ends of the house, and then we swap for the remaining half. So far, so good!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to this thread and just venting. We are considering buying a home in innerloop Houston where we are currently renting. It's a 3 adult household (MIL, who pays and would ideally have a full apartment on the property) but almost anything with that setup is either a super rundown multifamily investment opp or 1M++ and we would prefer to stay in the 4-600 range. The inventory in that bracket is slowly expanding but it's still mostly bland, narrow, 3 to 4 story townhomes with no yard (dogs) in the 7 and 8s.

I know it's a big ask, and if it were just the 2 of us, we could find something nice enough in our desired areas that could grow with our family. But we neither want my mil to live on her own nor fully integrated with us. We are in our mid 30s and started saving very late, so we may just rent another year (vs a doctors loan). I guess there's always the Woodlands if we changed jobs or wanted to open a practice up there but it seems more family oriented than we'd like.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plumbing question? If Kitchen sink drains are 1.5" why are the rough in drain lines 2"? Is it to accommodate the possibilities of multiples sinks draining into the same line in the wall? I'm doing all my plumbing trim before the countertops are installed (easier to see in there) and I bought a 2" to 1.5" reducer and a 1.5" hub trap adapter and it just feels weird to have to reduce the rough in as a matter of course.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piling on the deer = assholes train. The deer munched our flowers and hosta just in time for pictures and to sell our house. Where the deer haven't been, the flowers look great.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just spent three days knocking down a couple of striped maple patches in my forest to open up the floor and encourage more deer browse.

No sun was hitting this at all:

IMG_3061.jpeg

For the fall:

IMG_3060.jpeg

lefty

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumbing question? If Kitchen sink drains are 1.5" why are the rough in drain lines 2"? Is it to accommodate the possibilities of multiples sinks draining into the same line in the wall? I'm doing all my plumbing trim before the countertops are installed (easier to see in there) and I bought a 2" to 1.5" reducer and a 1.5" hub trap adapter and it just feels weird to have to reduce the rough in as a matter of course.
Drain sizes are to code to allow use of more fixture units than just the kitchen sink since it is a utility area.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took stock of the cornices and downspout extensions around the house yesterday and we have three nests full of fledgling birds at the moment. They do make a mess, but I like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads