• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge liquid ambers in the backyards on both sides of me fml whichever way the wind blows.
^ I like that floor a lot.

We have some of those in the neighborhood that are going on 100 years old and 75’ high. Eventually falling branches become a hazard, but you’ve got a few decades before that’s an ossue

Our place is so positioned that the wind deposits every leaf that falls on the block in our driveway. I’ve been contemplating ‘ring-barking’ all the trees that are downwind of us.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Huge liquid ambers in the backyards on both sides of me fml whichever way the wind blows.

We should do a “Strangers on a Train” swap.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I set mouse traps around the ramada/kitchen last night as I'd noticed some turds. Coyotes will be munching on a few mouse corpses tonight as I just tossed them onto the property line where they like to commute off the golf course and into the neighborhood.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a trap smart gopher tearing up the back part of my yard. Anyone know where I can score some C-4.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a trap smart gopher tearing up the back part of my yard. Anyone know where I can score some C-4.
Although I do get the reference, is calcium carbide a solution? You can get it through eBay or amazon for miners lamps. If the gas doesn’t kill them, the explosion will?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, coming Tuesday we are finally getting the keys to the new house that was build. My hell year is coming to an end.

Now looking forward to three weeks of little chores of hanging lights, building a closet and wiring up the WiFi on all floors. And watching others do the real work (painting the walls, laying floors and building the kitchen) New life starts at the first of august..

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
In other news, coming Tuesday we are finally getting the keys to the new house that was build. My hell year is coming to an end.

Now looking forward to three weeks of little chores of hanging lights, building a closet and wiring up the WiFi on all floors. And watching others do the real work (painting the walls, laying floors and building the kitchen) New life starts at the first of august..

Wow, that’s exciting!

brokencycle

Reaction score

Having just replaced a bunch of switches the afternoon, wiring and electrical doesn't feel like fake work, but the other things sound worse.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear this is true. After living in my house with knob and tube for about 20 years I had some electrical issues and just jumped and rewired the house everyone noticed that after that there was a quieter more peaceful feel to the house. At first I figured it was just my imagination but everyone else agreed .

brokencycle

Reaction score
I swear this is true. After living in my house with knob and tube for about 20 years I had some electrical issues and just jumped and rewired the house everyone noticed that after that there was a quieter more peaceful feel to the house. At first I figured it was just my imagination but everyone else agreed .

I feel drugs were involved.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There might have been a time when they weren't but I can't seem to recall when that might have been.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

first time i plugged my guitar into my amp here i realized how different wiring can be

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first time i plugged my guitar into my amp here i realized how different wiring can be

Steve Parish who was one of the notorious roadies for the Grateful Dead, co-worker of Owsley Stanley and Garcias guitar guy has a talk show on Sirius Radio. He has some amazing tales about wiring systems in old auditoriums and the drug crazed circus that touring band was in the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads