• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Eero seems to be doing its job. We now have wifi coverage in places we didn't have wifi coverage before, and there's little to no drop in speed. And the beacons just plug into wall outlets, which makes setup pretty easy.
Looking into a mesh system as I just purchased my first home. Heard good things about the Eero, so this is good to hear. Still a little confused by all the options, but need enough coverage for 2 working from home for the foreseeable future and all our smart home items - security, tv boxes, etc

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eero seems to be doing its job. We now have wifi coverage in places we didn't have wifi coverage before, and there's little to no drop in speed. And the beacons just plug into wall outlets, which makes setup pretty easy.

thanks for the feedback. Im interested in how it does with the satellites connected via cat6.

sftiger

Reaction score
Not sure - we have a pretty basic setup, just an Xfinity router/modem combo that we replaced with a regular modem + Eero Pro and two Beacons. We have 3-5 people working on laptops + ~5 mobile devices connected to the wifi most of the day. I have no idea what the Eero does for speed, but it did solve the problem of not having wifi signal upstairs + in one corner of the house, which is a win for me given that it took about 20 minutes to setup!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More on Eero Pro, it covers 1500 sq ft just fine. All smart devices including Ring, Alexa, FireTV uses the WiFi. Two desktops connect directly to the modem. Everything has been working smoothly since Jan. I am using ATT fiber 300 Mbps fwiw.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, my Orbi set up is working great. 4 indoor satellites plus 1 outdoor satellite (Plus router) covers my 5300 sq ft with significant internal brick walls, as well as has signal all the way to the end of my (moderate size) pool. Get 850+ mbps at the furthest point on 1000 mbps Spectrum service.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This group seems to know a lot about tools. Does anyone have a favored tap extractors for sheered off bolts? Embarrassed to say what I paid for a guy to do it in 10 minutes and figured I should learn myself.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This group seems to know a lot about tools. Does anyone have a favored tap extractors for sheered off bolts? Embarrassed to say what I paid for a guy to do it in 10 minutes and figured I should learn myself.
It seems like most of the common extractors are perfect for a given problem fastener. But you need all of them because you can't rely on one type of failure. :)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We have been waiting for Home Depot to deliver a new (electric) lawn tractor for almost a month now. I understand that COVID-19 is making things slower than usual, but it's been 'in transit' from the depot in Toronto to the store for almost two weeks now. I have started to wonder whether they are riding it here themselves...

richard-farnsworth-as-alvin-straight-in-the-straight-story-19991.jpg
I just got a package I ordered in April. It was a ripped open empty box in a plastic bag with a sticker from USPS that said "sorry your item is damaged".

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I FaceTimed with my acupuncturist today. She is going to allow patients back in July. Need some more herbs too.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a related note, my Orbi set up is working great. 4 indoor satellites plus 1 outdoor satellite (Plus router) covers my 5300 sq ft with significant internal brick walls, as well as has signal all the way to the end of my (moderate size) pool. Get 850+ mbps at the furthest point on 1000 mbps Spectrum service.

Interesting! I have the two-satellite Orbi, which seems to have helped in my house (roughly same size, a bit more in basement, which is where I work and experience more problems). I like that they look good frankly but think I should get a couple more satellites. I didn't even see a 4-satellite option when initially purchased, but can imagine the advantages of spreading. It has a very slick interface too on the smart phone for tracking the connection.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I have the two-satellite Orbi, which seems to have helped in my house (roughly same size, a bit more in basement, which is where I work and experience more problems). I like that they look good frankly but think I should get a couple more satellites. I didn't even see a 4-satellite option when initially purchased, but can imagine the advantages of spreading. It has a very slick interface too on the smart phone for tracking the connection.
I purchased the extra satellites myself (2 extra indoor, 1 outdoor) in addition to the 2 satellite system I initially. I think the downside is there’s limited backhaul for the router/satellite network so it gets a bit more taxed the more satellites you add.

I find the extra satellites make a world of difference, especially in places where your WiFi was initially moderate to low signal strength.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads