• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else shopping for a home? I'm currently in the hunt. Very limited inventory in my locale, and people are cash flush.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Anyone else shopping for a home? I'm currently in the hunt. Very limited inventory in my locale, and people are cash flush.
Same. Just purchased our first home, but we tried for one the week before. Lost the first one with 6 bids in total, won the second amongst 5 bids. First sold for 15% over list, the one we got sold for 5% over list. Developers are everywhere buying up everything with cash because prices are slightly lower and some sellers want out ASAP.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning early to do my usual weekly outdoor landscape stuff... it relaxes me and I enjoy the work and exercise. It also requires relatively little thought and I can just zone out for a few hours.

Only today was different because as I was drinking my coffee and surveying the property, i noticed a bunch of large brown patches of lawn in the rear yard. Meditation broken, i asked my wife if she saw anything weird outside. She had not but told me it was very hot on wednesday and maybe that did it (not possible, as these are clearly delineated patches of lawn in otherwise very lush grass)

After further inquiry, i learned that she had decided to hose down all the outdoor furniture covers on wednesday and then put them on the lawn to dry all day in 80 degree weather. She honestly had no idea this would turn the grass underneath brown even after i asked her what she thought it would feel like under one of those waterproof covers all day in the blazing sun.

Well, at least we have an explanation... ??‍♂️

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning early to do my usual weekly outdoor landscape stuff... it relaxes me and I enjoy the work and exercise. It also requires relatively little thought and I can just zone out for a few hours.

Only today was different because as I was drinking my coffee and surveying the property, i noticed a bunch of large brown patches of lawn in the rear yard. Meditation broken, i asked my wife if she saw anything weird outside. She had not but told me it was very hot on wednesday and maybe that did it (not possible, as these are clearly delineated patches of lawn in otherwise very lush grass)

After further inquiry, i learned that she had decided to hose down all the outdoor furniture covers on wednesday and then put them on the lawn to dry all day in 80 degree weather. She honestly had no idea this would turn the grass underneath brown even after i asked her what she thought it would feel like under one of those waterproof covers all day in the blazing sun.

Well, at least we have an explanation... ??‍♂️
kmd47zeij3b11.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neighbor has this rather lovely Strelitzia out front. Reminds me of growing up in Africa, where they were everywhere.

IMG_1620 2.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 6 years of home ownership it was time to change things up and adult style. Gone are stupid posters and crappy furniture; in comes vintage pieces and consistent (to a point) theme.

Also I’m trying to be a green thumb. Any tips on how to not to be a plant killer?

F0962D6F-5195-44B4-9094-FD491B51780A.jpeg
C057C6F9-D0FE-43DA-9642-A628E29E2A78.jpeg
EA37A977-3644-424D-AFFE-44AB643BFFDD.jpeg
4EDA1D87-E7E9-4452-AB51-698F329069FA.jpeg
31A29FF4-3698-4410-B4A2-308BF65BBE3F.jpeg
E0B05513-7F33-4770-86CB-EC0EE88C4C23.jpeg
54700C87-93BB-4A38-A632-0447729D05AC.jpeg

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 6 years of home ownership it was time to change things up and adult style. Gone are stupid posters and crappy furniture; in comes vintage pieces and consistent (to a point) theme.

Also I’m trying to be a green thumb. Any tips on how to not to be a plant killer?

View attachment 1398276 View attachment 1398277 View attachment 1398278 View attachment 1398279 View attachment 1398280 View attachment 1398281 View attachment 1398282
The telephone table is a nice touch!

How not to kill plants:

1: water then as the instructions say
2: provide them the correct amount of sunlight
3. Profit

Seriously though, plants like many places, so unless you are actively killing them or starving them, I have found that most of them grow just fine! Just make sure you know what you have and when they need. Then get the hell out of the way!

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our new Ryobi electric lawn tractor, that we finally picked up this weekend, is just brilliant. It cuts just as well as any gas-powered tractor, lasts for over two hours of full-on cutting, and is almost silent when you don't have the blades on - I don't even have to wear ear protectors any more. And once our PV array is installed, it will be powered entirely by the sun...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our new Ryobi electric lawn tractor, that we finally picked up this weekend, is just brilliant. It cuts just as well as any gas-powered tractor, lasts for over two hours of full-on cutting, and is almost silent when you don't have the blades on - I don't even have to wear ear protectors any more. And once our PV array is installed, it will be powered entirely by the sun...

You will be the very first photosynthesis mammal.

sftiger

Reaction score
Let us know how the eero works out. My only hesitation is the lack of wifi 6.

Eero seems to be doing its job. We now have wifi coverage in places we didn't have wifi coverage before, and there's little to no drop in speed. And the beacons just plug into wall outlets, which makes setup pretty easy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads