• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
...I will go all in on a Ubiquiti solution (probably starting with Dream Machine and 2 APs, possibly replacing my switch with one of those fancy Ubiquitie POE switches). Even with Ubiquity...
?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMGP6066.JPG

IMGP6064.JPG
scenes from the backyard... irises and baby kush

sftiger

Reaction score
I just bought the Eero and Eero Pro. Can't rewire stuff, but fingers crossed this thing does something.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us know how the eero works out. My only hesitation is the lack of wifi 6.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day 2. Screen to hide well equipment and irrigation controllers. Decided to somewhat mirror an existing pergola elsewhere on the property. Will also be painted white eventually.

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1600.jpg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was welding in the shop on day and when I lifted my hood there was was this guy in a suit standing near me . He asked me if it was ok if he looked at what I was doing. I said sure so he walks over, eyeballs my work and says " Damn that is really beautiful......... What is it?"

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crack of dawn

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Orbi (not WiFi 6) in my house. Currently 3 satellites (one outdoor) with the main router, but I have two more (indoor) satellites on the way. Old brick house with multiple brick additions mean there are a significant number of brick now interior walls which really causes range to suffer. Hoping 2 more satellites will help even things out and make handoff easier, especially for the outdoor Orbi which seems to have the hardest time getting a signal right now.

Also ditched DirecTV yesterday in favor of YouTube TV. $50 (+11 for Showtime, $15 for HBO Max) per month, and is available as a native app on all of my TVs. This compared to the $240 I was paying for DirecTV’s wireless genie service which has the same 3 Active streaming limitation as the YouTube TV but required it’s own wireless bridges to be hardwired into my house. Post renovation the wireless just didn’t get far enough to the master. This way it’s $150+ in savings a month, everything is native on the TV (so only one remote) and all of the TVs work.

Re: Sonos move, I got one a couple months back for out in the backyard/by the pool. Works great (as long as my outdoor Orbi hands off the connection well). Expect it to be even better/more seamless once the extra satellites arrive.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have only had the move for a bit but are enjoying it. Our main outdoor speakers are sonance architectural (the ones made for sonos) powered by a sonos amp. We really enjoy them.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That’s something you can control via soil acidity, yes?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That’s something you can control via soil acidity, yes?
Yes. My wife used coffee grounds at our old house. We had a pretty incredible hydrangea bush (?, not really sure if it's a bush)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads