• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have been waiting for Home Depot to deliver a new (electric) lawn tractor for almost a month now. I understand that COVID-19 is making things slower than usual, but it's been 'in transit' from the depot in Toronto to the store for almost two weeks now. I have started to wonder whether they are riding it here themselves...

richard-farnsworth-as-alvin-straight-in-the-straight-story-19991.jpg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have been waiting for Home Depot to deliver a new (electric) lawn tractor for almost a month now. I understand that COVID-19 is making things slower than usual, but it's been 'in transit' from the depot in Toronto to the store for almost two weeks now. I have started to wonder whether they are riding it here themselves...

Shipping in general has been a mess recently, but from Home Depot especially. I did a good sized order, and it came from four different stores. Several items were cancelled, I got three of something I only ordered one of, they're still telling me something else is delayed when I've already gotten it. Another item was "out for delivery," then got re-routed to Oregon and eventually cancelled.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
When I had the casa wired a few years ago I had them run data drops. It goes from my cable modem to an eight port switch and then I feed the data drops off the switch. I have three wifi routers around the house in strategic positions. The public space in the house, the guest house, and the backyard area run off one (basically where it's likely I'll give a password out,) our personal computers off another, and our intranet of things off a third. No way Gilfoyle is gonna hack me through my fridge! TVs got through hardwire too.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I have a similar setup, but then my portable devices get stuck connecting to the wrong router when I move to another area. I need to switch to a mesh network.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'll probably move to a mesh in a few years but this setup is too new to replace just because.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have drops in every room as well which is why i want a mesh system with ethernet backhaul (not sure i am using the terms correctly, but you get the idea). Anything i can hard wire is hard wired but obviously i still want wifi.

orbi and eero both look good i just wonder if i need to do wifi 6 to future proof.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The biggest mistake I made was hiring a guy to setup my A/V system - he's never shared the password to my A/V receiver, so if I change the network I have to have him come out to set it up. It's getting close to EOL so I'll do the next one myself.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest mistake I made was hiring a guy to setup my A/V system - he's never shared the password to my A/V receiver, so if I change the network I have to have him come out to set it up. It's getting close to EOL so I'll do the next one myself.

Your receiver has a password? What is the brand?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a similar setup, but then my portable devices get stuck connecting to the wrong router when I move to another area. I need to switch to a mesh network.
Not a mesh, which is a description of a network with a wireless backhaul. If you’ve got multiple access points you need network management software To ensure proper handoff, which can be run by either a computer permanently connected or hardware for that. Replacing a hardwired network with a mesh one just to get seamless handoff would be taking a step back.

something like this:

Or this:

Note, I’m definitely not a network expert. I just had a crash course these recent few months as I’m going to set up pretty much what piobaire described. And it helps that a friend of mine is an expert who is helping me navigate my wishes.

If you insist on getting one of hese mesh sets, make sure it supports the wired backhaul.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good start.

1590539068384.jpeg

1590539156355.jpeg

These are upside down so the landscapers can fit chicken wire bottoms to stop rodents digging in. No fasteners showing on the top side.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OM, didn't you have weird fire codes or something for insurance purposes last year? These don't violate that?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone use air purifiers at home? I bought the Coway Airmega 200m based on Wirecutter's recommendation. Been extremely happy with it. Runs silent and I've noticed my allergies aren't as bad after putting one in my room.

Their top pick is on sale right now for a good price, but i don't care for how it looks. The Airmega 200m looks nicer to my eyes.

Need to buy another to cover my space, but waiting on it to go on sale again.
Where the **** have you been, last week there was a whole discussion on this. Do research, jerk. (We all have the Coway).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads