• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hate our Dyson vac. The air-driven "beater" stalls out with minimal resistance, defeating its purpose. If that were properly driven, it would be fine.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Timely discussion: our Dyson just cracked across the base of the upright. It still works, mostly, but it’s definitely time for a replacement.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It’s entirely possible that our Dyson has been broken for a year, for that very reason.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my good friends, who is a German woodworking machinery fanatic prefers Sebo to Meile (it bleeds over into his home life as well). I've never used one, but knowing his taste for machines its likely about as good a vacuum as one can buy.

We had a Dyson and replaced it with something that the maids service requested. I don't remember the brand but I remember being nonplussed by it.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, aren't all of the pieces held together with glue anyways?

The break was in wood, not at one of the existing seams.

But yeah, a middle foot might not be a bad idea

A good glue joint is usually stronger than the surrounding wood. What kills glue is having water sit on it since most wood glues are not waterproof with exception to Titebond III.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have matching tile throughout our one story home. We couldn't be happier than with our Dyson Cordless Torque. It's light, the head pivots effortlessly and being cordless we can whip around the house in no time. It's actually kind of fun to vacuum.

Unknown.jpeg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Japanese Maple "Butterfly" has leafed out and is flowering. Japanese maples are weird about flowering, this one seems to do it every year though. It's a fun tree, changes color throughout the year.

IMG_20200330_123855391_HDR.jpg

img_20200330_123910102-jpg.1363451

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_123910102.jpg
    IMG_20200330_123910102.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 66

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought my Miele stick vacuum was going bad (starting to suck less?), but it turned out I just need to clean the air intake filter...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. Any idea how old it is?

I just planted a camellia in my yard this weekend. It's one of the winter/spring varieties, probably ten months to get any flowers on it.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
House was built in ‘60 and I believe most of the landscaping is original. Giant azelias rhododendrons and the previously mentioned Japanese maple (I will take a picture when it leafs out)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to take the chip off my chef's knife

IMG_20200331_131017.jpg

You know what feeling sucks? When your are grinding away at a low grit for a long time and finally give up and go to an even lower grit... All that time just completely wasted.

Had to go all of the way down to my coarse diamond stone because I just wasn't making progress... I hate using that that thing because it leaves a real nasty surface behind that takes a lot of work with my next stone to clean up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads