• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me happy sometimes.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My nextdoor neighbor has different warmth lightbulbs in the two lights on the ends of his gate. One bright, one warm.

Drives me insane.

Have been tempted to go change them in the middle of the night.

Were that my next door neighbor, I'd do the neighborly thing. I'd simply talk to him/her saying "I've noticed a different color range of two of your identical outdoor fixtures. May I adjust them for you this weekend?" Just make sure to adjust it with two matching bulbs and do it promptly. Chances are s/he will allow it and you can attempt to recover your sanity. If s/he refuses ... at least you tried.

Sometimes I tire of living far from others ... but it sure can be nice to look out and see nothing but nature:
22815234_1113484208786368_118444046915880597_n.jpg

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Hey, welcome back!

Where is that beautiful vista?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pacific Northwest. That's the view from my my study.

Thanks for the welcome. I doubt I become a regular again ... but I do stop in occasionally.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as your are 10 miles or more from a bridge leading into SF, NorCal is pretty nice. Otherwise, to use your peoples lingo, its "hella" lame. ;)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as your are 10 miles or more from a bridge leading into SF, NorCal is pretty nice. Otherwise, to use your peoples lingo, its "hella" lame. ;)

Spoken like someone who’s never been to Sausalito.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who’s never been to Sausalito.

Oh I have. Growing up had one set of grandparents in San Raphael and one in La Jolla. I'll take the second one anyday, no contest.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I have. Growing up had one set of grandparents in San Raphael and one in La Jolla. I'll take the second one anyday, no contest.

That’s quite a step from “hella lame” to not as good as La Jolla.

i visited La Jolla last April. I’d still pick just about anything north of Santa Rosa in the Redwood Empire over it. But then, I’m not a beach king of guy. I grew up in San Jose, but have lived in Colorado for 4.5 years.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s quite a step from “hella lame” to not as good as La Jolla.

i visited La Jolla last April. I’d still pick just about anything north of Santa Rosa in the Redwood Empire over it. But then, I’m not a beach king of guy. I grew up in San Jose, but have lived in Colorado for 4.5 years.

I was just comparing cause you mention Sausalito. La Jolla and Marin are similarly priced all in all, or were back then. Marin is likely more now.

I have spent a lot of time in the bay, minority owner in a mobile startup, mom went to Stanford, dad to Berkeley, aunt in Lafayette, grandparents in San Raf; have been up there all my life. I just dont like it. People think LA people are vapid and materialistic. SF people are the same plus holier than thou. And the tech boom has only made it worse.

My brother in law lives in Palo Alto, was there a few months back - wore a blazer and cavalry twill pants to dinner and the locals practically acted like I was an alien.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which part of California makes one post the least pretentiously on StyFo about his California bona fides? Asking as the husband of a Valley Girl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads