• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a feat of marketing that somehow plastic floors are now desirable because someone added the word "luxury." It's just 21st century Formica, folks.
I don’t think they are desirable beyond the effect that house flippers are de facto taste makers for people who don’t know any better.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is exactly the type of thing a good HOA is designed to prevent. There's also an app that takes decibel levels so you can log those and show to the cops if you wanted. Or maybe start by showing them to the neighbor with a copy of any relevant local ordinances?
They're pretty good neighbors and we don't have huge lots, so sound travels pretty easy. It's never outrageously loud, just like listening to music in the backyard. It just often happens to overlap with when I'd want quiet, but hey, that's living in the suburbs for you.

On the other hand, I've gotten a pretty deep exposure to Peruvian pan flute music, so that's a plus. Maybe?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t think they are desirable beyond the effect that house flippers are de facto taste makers for people who don’t know any better.
Honestly have heard multiple people say they like and prefer LVP to hardwood because of durability.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They're pretty good neighbors and we don't have huge lots, so sound travels pretty easy. It's never outrageously loud, just like listening to music in the backyard. It just often happens to overlap with when I'd want quiet, but hey, that's living in the suburbs for you.

On the other hand, I've gotten a pretty deep exposure to Peruvian pan flute music, so that's a plus. Maybe?
The best thing money can buy, in terms of residence, is space between you and the neighbors. Houses in my hood are both offset from each other and the lots and required setbacks means no two houses are less than 75 or 80 yards apart. With our one neighbor their lot is at least 20 feet down a berm lower and a football field between us complete with the HOA required undisturbed natural flora. To one up Frost space makes for good neighbors.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piob trying to see if his neighbor's house is on fire

squat-and-squint-meme-woman.jpg

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Undisturbed fauna in Pio's neighborhood
a-bleak-desert-with-drought-and-cracked-mud-from-global-warming-AXK7DT.jpg

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Fuck you all.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, mortgage rates crept up slightly from their lows in early August
We recently locked and our rate was 25 basis points higher than our best quote.

@Van Veen. Good luck with your search!

The best thing money can buy, in terms of residence, is space between you and the neighbors. Houses in my hood are both offset from each other and the lots and required setbacks means no two houses are less than 75 or 80 yards apart. With our one neighbor their lot is at least 20 feet down a berm lower and a football field between us complete with the HOA required undisturbed natural flora. To one up Frost space makes for good neighbors.
Where the hell does he live? This is definitely not metro NE...

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In 1965.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion