• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For years I've been hearing buying in the 'burbs, let alone the ex-burbs, was dumb as property values will fall due to folks wanting into high density urban centers. Seems like a significant amount of productive hours will now be WFH and the value of our burbies is safe for another generation.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For years I've been hearing buying in the 'burbs, let alone the ex-burbs, was dumb as property values will fall due to folks wanting into high density urban centers. Seems like a significant amount of productive hours will now be WFH and the value of our burbies is safe for another generation.
People of quality will always require a ramada with fire pit.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I figure a 10% premium for the American brand fireglass.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are moving for schools which also coincided with COVID. Had a good first weekend but no offers. Had a FaceTime showing and that person is coming back for an in-person next week if the house is still available.

A fire pit would be nice but not required.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Firepit is highly relaxing and great to gather round and sip cocktails with folks after dinner but the ramada/outdoor kitchen with bar is beyond awesome. So nice that rain doesn't interfere with my cooking out there too.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's happening in programming (and associated domains) too. No more "master and slave."

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My rule for comps: 1) number of bedrooms/fb/hb, total sqft, year built, land size 2) everything else except $/sqft which I never find useful.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF bros I need some urgent advice for a unique house. We are currently house shopping, and my wife had the opportunity to tour a Modernist style house yesterday. The house incorporates a fair amount of glass, which gives me some pause. It's part of an estate sale, and will be sold this Tuesday or Wednesday. It's being offered as is, but appears to be pretty well maintained with at least one major renovation since the 2000s. Does this sound like a money pit/headache or opportunity? Future upgrades will be contracted, I do not trust myself to become all HGTV.
As a data point for how crazy the NYC suburb market is right now, we overbid by a substantial sum and still missed out.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.