• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It really lets the Franzia breathe, though.:stirpot:
A couple of years ago we were getting a tour of a well known Paso winery by the wine maker himself. In the lab I spotted a box of Franzia on one of the counters and made a joke about it. Turns out they use it to test sample batches of corks for TCA. True story.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we were getting a tour of a well known Paso winery by the wine maker himself. In the lab I spotted a box of Franzia on one of the counters and made a joke about it. Turns out they use it to test sample batches of corks for TCA. True story.
Franzia is great for cooking, and drinking while you're cooking.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to explore home ownership for the first time : eye roll :

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't do it! Money pit.

vdubiv

Reaction score
Franzia is great for cooking, and drinking while you're cooking.
If you're drinking it as well then I guess to each their own if you like that boxed recycled piss.
However, you are not supposed to cook with anything you wouldn't drink.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're drinking it as well then I guess to each their own if you like that boxed recycled piss.
However, you are not supposed to cook with anything you wouldn't drink.
I wonder how much money has been wasted because of that vague BS. (I think the original intent was to stop people from using cooking wines.) Most of the time I cook with 2 Buck Chuck. The subtleties of good wine are lost in cooking. It's a waste, just like using good single malt scotch in a cocktail.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'd actually disagree with this. Young wines need it more than old, ime.
They can both require it. Sediment is the main reason I decant as I can always swirl in the glass if there’s no sediment.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to say, lumens.com has pretty good customer service. I have bought several light fixtures from them, but one got bumped and a glass shade fell out and broke. I contacted them about getting a replacement shade and they gave it to me for free.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have to say, lumens.com has pretty good customer service. I have bought several light fixtures from them, but one got bumped and a glass shade fell out and broke. I contacted them about getting a replacement shade and they gave it to me for free.
I learned "Californication" on the bass the other day and I thought of you.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I should buy the middle one but part of me wants to live in a white box. Can’t get the white without an annoying pattern, I don’t really want the bathroom floor pattern and the other one seems ok but rather not have it.

Attachments

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hehe. That’s why I love it here. Yeah, going with the middle one which supplier calls eggshell. I want white but I know it’s going to look awful in short order.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.