• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the sink dish racks anyone? Give me some recs pls

Thinking about something like this but parents saying its too obtrusive. My purpose is not to store but air dry before wiping down and put in cupboards. FWIW I have plenty of counter space on both side and storage.

Ideally, I want nothing on my counters or sink at end of night.

Something like this device
View attachment 1323420

And a mat like someone else mentioned.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL @ self dish washing.

emptym

Reaction score
For a single guy, it probably makes sense to handwash. We have a one of those drying racks that looks like grass. Apparently there's a gray version too, and I think the same designer has a black version called "sod" but made by a different company, and like ten times the price.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I live alone, but I also have one of those half drawer dishwashers with a shorter cycle so I don't mind running it daily.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We just scrape and let sit in the dishwasher until full. We run on average 2x weekly. Works just fine. Btw, the recs here for a Bosch were on point. It's fucking awesome and very, very quiet.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My ski lease house has a new Kitchenaid, amd I’ve been impressed by it. Definitely compares well to our Bosch.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My house is a hair under 3000sf. 1 kitchen, 2.5 baths, 1 laundry, 2 hosebibs. That's it. I believe I was wearing sweats when he came, as I had the day off for a rare snow day!

I'm cool with PEX - its useful in a situation like mine where you might want to bend or flex it in a few spots to minimize the disturbance to the existing period materials. Plus it's cheaper which is nice of course!
Copper water tube is available in both hard drawn and soft rolled. It’s not as flexible as pex but I’ve worked it into some pretty tight areas. A good plumber will have a feel for what will work plus a bag of tricks

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never used a dishwasher in my life and yeah I do my share of dishes but being the family cook after dinner goes to someone else

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a reloaded kitchen is the best feeling, i wash and dry my dishes by hand.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dishwashers are significantly more efficient than hand washing.

So you're not even saving the environment by not using the big machine.

You're just doing all of that extra work, why? If you just like lathering things up, go have a wank instead.
Do you also tell your interns "You know what? Why don't you just keep browsing youtube, I'll go ahead and make these copies"?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%