Oh, yeah. That picture is of the bearing after I removed the seal that sits over it. (You can see the ring of grease from where it landed when it popped off). I put a brand new seal in. It may have been leaking, but if it was it wasn't much. The thing was full of rust, sure, but there was no evidence water having made it to the rear bearing or into the frame of the washer. As for the bearings, I installed them the shade tree way--by freezing the new ones, putting the old bearings on top and pounding them in with a hammer. I was really careful not to pound on the center of the bearings (I know that much, at least). It was probably not ideal, but it's worked for me in the past. The new bearings I got were sealed; whether that makes any difference I don't know.