• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been through it to the tune of about 20K. Do your value research, document everything and hang tough. They come around.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just dashed that off. Mortgage rates have been trending lower so lots of people have been refinancing their loans. It might be a good time for some igents to consider doing likewise?

UFXYW6VZ4QI6TDUDJZTIP2MYCQ.jpg

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, I just dashed that off. Mortgage rates have been trending lower so lots of people have been refinancing their loans. It might be a good time for some igents to consider doing likewise?

View attachment 1221529

That 15 year seems low because the cheapest I have seen is 3.125 or 3.0 for 12 year.

Edit: that's without points. I've seen mortgages lower with points. Also why would anyone get an arm when there fixed rate is lower? EG penfed has a 15/15 arm that is a much higher rate than a 30 and the 5/1 and 7/1 are the same rate. Seems like that is a dumb idea when you carry all the risk for the bank.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved into the new house on Monday, and am super happy with it. Neighborhood is far superior to the last house, and I already love the house. Its systems need updating but overall a superior house in all aspects to the one I just sold.

The cool part is that other than the systems and a restore/refresh of the kitchen and one bathroom, we don't want to change much of anything about the house! Ordering quite a few pieces of vintage furniture that we've been wanting, Very excited about the downstairs rumpus room - it has a perfect corner area for a sectional couch and big TV setup, there is a fireplace down there with room for a gaming/card table in front of it, a "bar area" and still room for a stero and dance floor if things really get out of hand. The only thing we are missing down there is a bomb selter.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Faucet hose finally came. Naturally, they've changed it from a metal spiral hose to a braided one which means I had to retrofit the counterweight as the hose is smaller and because the new hose lacks the heft of the old, it no longer snaps back into place so I'll have to get another weight.

This and dealing with the technology of my new two-week old car is making me crazy.

lefty

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Faucet hose finally came. Naturally, they've changed it from a metal spiral hose to a braided one which means I had to retrofit the counterweight as the hose is smaller and because the new hose lacks the heft of the old, it no longer snaps back into place so I'll have to get another weight.

This and dealing with the technology of my new two-week old car is making me crazy.

lefty
How much is an extra counterweight going to cost you? Hansgrohe at least have me one for free.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How far is everyone's house set back from the street? Mine is half a mile from the street and .45 miles from the nearest neighbor. I'm saving to upgrade my distance.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.