• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Home Ownership Thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I went to a dog rescue place the other day, and they had an elderly chihuahua named Johnson - not sure if it was because his dick was constantly out or not, but there it was.

Marc Voorhees

Reaction score
I went to a dog rescue place the other day, and they had an elderly chihuahua named Johnson - not sure if it was because his dick was constantly out or not, but there it was.
Thank you for my new Signature. Took me 7 years to find something good enough

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Moving into our new home in Santa Fe tomorrow. After almost a year and a half of living in staged homes, moving things into storage, living in two temporary rentals, it will sure feel good to see our stuff and be settled, at last. Best of all, Santa Fe just gets better every day.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was irritated at buying a new washer/dryer, but I must say having the timed wash function is pretty great. I love walking in the door after work with the laundry finished. Also, having the washer run with my dress shirts in it in the wee hours of the morning to be hung when I get up and ironed when I come home is very convenient.

emptym

Reaction score
Would anybody happen to have a good rec for a gardening clog? I think I got a toenail fungus from the nubuck slipons I've been using -- they're always damp. Am leaning toward the EVA version of Birkenstock Bostons because they come in narrows. Their regular gardening clogs only come in the normal width and seem like they'd be heavy. Crocs? Sloggers?

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd year in a row my topiaries are dying. First year was Eugenia's which I realize are not outdoor tolerate in the cold. This year was Dwarf Spruce.

The only thing I haven't killed are Boxwoods around my place. Am I doomed for a Boxwood topiary? Someone help me out.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@emptym Just throwing this out there but what about wool socks and sandals or not practical?

emptym

Reaction score
^I do wear flip flops when it's warm, but when it's colder I'd like something that covers the front of the foot, particularly when it's raining or if I'm watering.

emptym

Reaction score
^Eek, mine's not quite that bad. Just a bit of yellowing at the corner of one nail. First time I saw nail fungus was Micheal J Krell's dad, when I visited them in Omaha. He said it was from farming and was incurable. I think he had it on just about all his fingers and toes.

@patricbooth, laces are too much work for the brief but frequent times I'm out there.

Lizard23

Reaction score
Anyone have a good online source that they like for bulbs? Gonna attempt to plant alliums all around the house.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.